Sidebar Site Navigation
In addition to providing student and parent services, GEAR UP Wyoming also provides and supports professional development opportunities for 7-12 personnel across the state. In collaboration with the Wyoming Department of Education, GEAR UP Wyoming (GUWY) has focused on statewide initiatives and professional development aimed at increasing the academic achievement and postsecondary aspirations of students, particularly students at-risk or from income-eligible backgrounds.
Some specific statewide initiatives and professional development activities and involvement include:
• Facilitated access to online ACT prep for all Wyoming students
• Quantum Learning for Teachers Workshops
• Quantum Learning Site License
• Professional Development Support for Instructional Facilitators
• Support of Wyoming Teacher Policy Institute (WTPI) Activities
• Professional Development Support for Summer Program Teachers
• WedGate Fusion Portal Development
• Professional Development Stipends for School Districts with GEAR UP Wyoming Students
Through the Quantum Learning Site License, GUWY is in the process of providing training to select educators to become Quantum Learning facilitators in our state. Educators who complete this training will be eligible to conduct Quantum Learning workshops upon request in any school district in the state at a rate far less than the Quantum Learning Network (QLN) typical charge. However, the caliber of training provided will meet or exceed the QLN standards. For more information about Quantum Learning workshop options, contact Lori Kimbrough at (307) 766-6736 or email@example.com.