Vice President and General Counsel
Old Main, Room 204
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-4997
Fax: (307) 766-2993
A contract is an agreement (oral or written) between two or more parties where there is a mutual exchange of promises or other consideration upon defined terms and/or conditions. Although contracts for the University of Wyoming are primarily written documents, there can be enforceable oral contracts. Written contracts may take many forms including agreements for services, letters of agreement, purchase orders and invoices. The President of the University and the Vice President for Administration are the only two individuals authorized to sign contracts for the University. These officers may delegate their authority as appropriate. The Research Office has delegated authority to sign contracts paid with research/grant funds. No contracts may be signed by other University personnel without a specific delegation of authority.
As of January 1, 2013, the purchase of services valued at $1,500 or more will require a written contract. In addition, all contracts valued at $1,500 or more will also require a purchase order for payment.
Agreement for Services
As of January 1, 2013, the new process for utilizing Agreements for Services (including agreements paid with research/grant funding monies) is as follows:
1. Departments must utilize an Agreement for Services form contract for any personal services valued at $1,500 or more;
2. If the Vendor provides a contract, attach it to the Agreement for Services;
3. Review the Instruction Sheet;
4. Complete the Employee/Independent Contractor Determination Checklist;
5. Provide the original Agreement for Services and any Vendor Contract along with the Checklist to the Legal Office;
6. Legal will obtain the appropriate University signature and return the Agreement/Contract and the Checklist to the originating Department;
7. The Department should obtain the signature of the Vendor;
8. Utilize the Purchase Order process for payment;
9. Maintain copies of the Agreement/Contract and the Employee/Independent Contractor Determination Checklist.
Agreement for Services - UPDATED 1/28/14
Instruction Sheet for Completing Agreement for Services - UPDATED 1/1/13
Employee/Independent Contractor Determination Checklist - UPDATED 1/1/13
"Ownership of Work Product" Addendum - should be utilized for design/photo contracts - UPDATED 1/1/13
Catering Agreement - UPDATED 1/28/14
Agreement for Printing and Publishing Services - UPDATED 1/28/14
Agreement for Lab Services (Private Entities) - UPDATED 1/28/14
Agreement for Lab Services (Public Entities) - UPDATED 1/28/14
Amendment to Agreement for Services - UPDATED 2/17/14
If you have any problems filling out these electronic forms, please contact Missy Samp at firstname.lastname@example.org.