Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Office of General Counsel

Legal Services

UW decorative image

Can the Office of General Counsel help me with personal legal matters?

No.  The Office of General Counsel represents the University as a whole, and can only advise the Board of Trustees, administrators, faculty and staff acting within the scope of their employment on matters of University concern.

If you need personal legal assistance, you must hire an attorney on your own.  You can find a lawyer by searching the Wyoming Bar Association’s Attorney Directory at .

I am a student.  Who do I contact for legal services?

If you are a student and need legal advice, please contact Student Legal Services, Dean of Students Office, Knight Hall 128, (307) 766-3296.  For more information, see .

Contact Us

Office of General Counsel

Tara Evans, General Counsel

Old Main 204

1000 E. University Ave.

Dept. 3434

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: 307-766-4997

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon