Gary Beach Memorial Scholarship
The Wyoming Natural Resource Foundation is pleased to announce that it will grant a $1200 scholarship for the 2014-2015 school year in honor of the late Gary Beach. As Administrator of the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality Water Quality division, Gary Beach worked closely with conservation districts to establish the local watershed planning approach to address Wyoming’s impaired water-bodies. He spent his career working for Wyoming’s natural resources.
The Gary Beach Memorial Scholarship recipient will be a deserving individual enrolled at the University of Wyoming whose focus of study is in natural resource management.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant must have completed at least 59 credit hours (be enrolled at the Junior level or higher) for the Fall 2013 semester.
- The applicant must be enrolled at the University of Wyoming.
- The applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 (based on a 4.0 point scale).
- The applicant must be enrolled in one of the following academic majors: environment and natural resources, water resources, rangeland ecology and watershed management, or a related field.
- The applicant must provide a completed application.
- The applicant must provide a letter of recommendation.
- The applicant must provide official copies of transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
Individuals applying for the Gary Beach Memorial Scholarship will need to send the application form, official copy of transcripts from all colleges or universities attended, and one letter of recommendation no later than July 31, 2014 to:
Wyoming Natural Resource Foundation
Bobbie Frank, Executive Director
517 E. 19th Street
Cheyenne, WY 82001