Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Bim Kendall House|Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources
Support the Haub School of ENR mission

Contact Us

Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources
Bim Kendall House
804 E Fremont St
Laramie, WY 82072
Phone: (307) 766-5080
Fax: (307) 766-5099
Email: haub.school@uwyo.edu
Haub School Logo
Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window)Find us on Twitter (Link opens a new window)

About the Kendall House

In 2009 and 2010, the Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources purchased a 1954 prairie-style building near the west side of campus thanks to a generous contribution made by Bim and Donald Kendall. Mr. Kendall is an emeritus member of our Board of Directors and the name "Bim Kendall House" commemorates the lifelong friendship between Bim Kendall and Helga Otto Haub (for whom the Haub School is named).

The house, which used to be known as the Hitchcock House, once held UW's Home Economics Program and was later a preschool. The Haub School remodeled the house and built on an addition. Our upgrades to the house were completed with sustainable building practices in mind. The unusual roof design of the addition provides a properly-orientated site for the photovoltaic panels and allows for passive ventilation within staff offices. In 2012, the house was awarded LEED Gold certification from the U.S. Green Building Council for its energy saving measures, low resource consumption, educational components, and healthy workspaces.

The Haub School's new home also includes an outside setting for students to gather. The Bergman Gardens, named in honor of former Haub School and Ruckelshaus Institute director Harold Bergman, includes an architecturally designed xeriscape garden made possible by donations from Haub School board members and other friends of Dr. Bergman. 

The project received funding for green design from the Kresge Foundation and for the photovoltaic panels from the Rocky Mountain Power Blue Sky Program. The Wyoming State Legislature provided matching funds.

Students enjoy the Bergman Gardens behind the Kendall House.


Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
 
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader