To earn the B.A. degree in History, students must complete at least 36 credit hours in History courses, as follows. To count toward the BA, these courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts in History
(*note that HIST 3020 & 4030 do not count toward the 15 credit hours required at the 3000-4000 level)
- 12 credit hours of History courses at the 1000-2000 level
- 15 credit hours of History courses at the 3000-4000 level
- HIST 3020* (Historical Methods)
- HIST 4030* (Departmental Proseminar)
- 3 additional credit hours in History at any level
- 3 semesters of credit in the same foreign language
The above requirements represent only those at the departmental level. Students pursuing the B.A. should be aware that they will be expected to complete additional requirements for both the College of Arts & Sciences and University Studies Program.