Employees Human Resources - Classification Compensation
This is a description of a staff position at the University of Wyoming, not a job opening announcement. Current job openings can be found at the Prospective Employees page.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required.
Coordinator, Enrichment Programs
Reports to: Designated Supervisor
UW Job Code: 3656
UW Job Family: 3C
SOC Code: 25-3021
Pay Grade: 19
Date: June 01, 2008
Coordinates UW Community Enrichment Programs including development, market research, implementation, and assessment of programs; hire instructors; set price for classes; select class locations; monitor classes; monitor budget; purchase supplies and equipment; and write grant(s).
Education: Bachelor's degree
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration, or Other Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Enrichment Program course development methods and techniques.
- Applicable university, state and federal regulations, policies and procedures.
- Budgeting, cost estimating, fiscal management and cost control principles and procedures.
- Cash management and accounting principles and procedures.
- Business management and analysis techniques, concepts, and methods.
- Organizational operational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Assessment techniques and methods.
- Marketing strategies and processes.
- Contract development for instructors, and proctor services as needed.
- Academic planning methods and techniques.
- Enrichment programming methods and techniques.
- Leadership methods and techniques.
- Grant writing methods and procedures.
- Supervisory methods, concepts, and procedures.
- Hiring, human resources, purchasing or other applicable University procedures and methods.
- Project coordination principles and practices.
- Problem resolution and facilitation methods and techniques.
- Project and time management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Personal computer applications applicable to area.
- Customer service standards and procedures including developing positive partner relationships with community colleges, instructors, or other vendors.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships with diverse population.
- Participate as a member of the leadership management team for UW Community Education.
- Use independent judgment to make effective decisions impacting project work, prioritization, coordination, management and supervision of support staff activities.
- Work with staff and instructors in statewide locations.
- Understand the requirements for distance learning students and instructors.
- Use discretionary authority to provide leadership making decisions that impact program and class development and relate to student issues.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Interview, screen as required, hire, and monitor instructors.
- Develop, interpret, or modify operational polices and procedures.
- Understand and comply with applicable federal, state and University rules and regulations.
- Negotiate and prepare contracts for program delivery, as needed.
- Determine methods of delivery for distance course programs.
- Determine costs and revenues associated with new course or program development.
- Manage projects to meet multiple and conflicting timelines/deadlines.
- Develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals and objectives.
- Participate in strategic planning for Outreach Credit Programs and the Outreach School.
- Support the vision of UW Community Education and Enrichment Programs.
- Consult with various levels of the campus community in support and development of new programs and courses.
- Maintain thorough and accurate records.
- Perform assessments; evaluate and understand impact of statistics.
- Prepare reports and use applicable computer software and programs.
- Work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate UW Community Enrichment Programs including development, market research in Laramie and statewide to determine need for classes, implementation, and assessment of programs.
Hire and screen instructors; set price for classes; select class locations; and monitor classes.
Discuss disciplinary or termination proceedings with Director, Center for Conferences and Continuing Education.
Monitor budget; purchase supplies and equipment; and write grant(s), as needed, for funding or staff support.
Provide leadership, manage and coordinate support functions for the delivery of programs to include registration, course approval, class delivery, enrollment management, course evaluation, compressed video scheduling, accounts receivables and accounts payable.
Initiate and implement policies and procedures to facilitate the UW Enrichment Programs' operations and ensure that University Regulations are enforced.
Establish short- and long-range operational goals and objectives; establish work schedules to meet various demanding deadlines for programs.
Facilitate and discuss student issues and other problems associated with Enrichment program with supervisor.
Keep abreast of technology advances in the area of distance program delivery systems.
Attend and participate in related meetings, training workshops, or conferences.
No major sources of discomfort, standard office environment. Travel to monitor teaching sites throughout Laramie, and statewide as needed.
Authorized by Classification/Compensation, Human Resources
Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Participating in the University's hazardous waste minimization program is part of the job of each employee who uses (or may come in contact with) hazardous materials. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. University of Wyoming actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.