Employees Human Resources - Classification Compensation
This is a description of a staff position at the University of Wyoming, not a job opening announcement. Current job openings can be found at the Prospective Employees page.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required.
Manager, Marketing Programs
Reports to: Designated Supervisor
UW Job Code: 3851
UW Job Family: 32
SOC Code: 11-2011
Pay Grade: 22
Date: $_DateTool.format('MMMM dd, yyyy', $date)
Manages marketing and special programs/events; serves as liaison between the UW Foundation and the assigned area; and serves as project leader.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 3 years work-related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Applicable University, state, and federal regulations, and city ordinances regarding apartment tenant occupancy.
- University policies and procedures.
- Applicable computer and related programs in use in area, such as Microsoft Office programs (Access, Excel, Word, etc.) or other special graphic, publishing, and web software.
- Communication methods, both verbal and written.
- Report development methods.
- Budget management methods.
- Time management methods and techniques to meet demanding and conflicting deadlines.
- Organization, prioritization, scheduling and project management method and techniques.
- Leadership and teamwork methods and techniques.
- Project supervision methods and techniques.
- Photography methods.
- Procurement methods and techniques.
- Graphics standards.
- Stewardship methods and techniques.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Follows applicable University, state, federal, and department policies and procedures.
- Problem solves and resolves conflicts while performing development, planning, marketing campaigns, and overseeing assigned programs/events.
- Provide leadership for programs/events and marketing efforts.
- Provide liaison with UW Foundation.
- May oversee volunteers and serves as project leader.
- May assist with stewardship efforts, as directed.
- Work collaboratively to develop programs/events and oversee marketing campaigns.
- Work as a team member and promote cooperation.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
Manages and coordinates marketing campaigns and special programs/events including, but not limited to development and graphic design of publications and web site management.
Maintains graphic standards and oversees consistency of branding marketing efforts; maintains records.
Develops and participates in planning sessions, overseeing meetings and scheduling concerns.
Provides liaison with the UW Foundation and the assigned area.
Performs stewardship activities, as directed.
May administer and facilitate organized volunteers, such as the parent council; provides project leadership.
Manage and coordinate programs'/events' activities including, but not limited to hosting event, marketing, communications, photography, publications, and web site for marketing programs/events.
Assist with special or other projects, as assigned.
Performs other duties, as assigned.
Indoor office standard working conditions. Some travel to event sites; exposed to terminal display hazards regularly; lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
Authorized by Classification/Compensation, Human Resources
Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Participating in the University's hazardous waste minimization program is part of the job of each employee who uses (or may come in contact with) hazardous materials. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. University of Wyoming actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.