This is a description of a staff position at the University of Wyoming, not a job opening announcement. Current job openings can be found at the Prospective Employees page. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required.
Reports to: Designated Supervisor
UW Job Code: 7249
UW Job Family: 71
SOC Code: 37-1011
Pay Grade: 16
Date: July 01, 2004
Supervises, coordinates, and schedules maintenance operations, custodial personnel and physical set-up of a designated area.
Education:High School Diploma/GED
Experience:2 years progressively responsible custodial experience, including supervisory experience
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration, or Other Requirements:None
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Current trade methods, materials and equipment.
- Applicable university, state and federal regulations, policies and procedures.
- General maintenance methods, techniques, equipment, supplies and tools.
- Building and facilities maintenance, safety and security.
- The occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Staff hiring procedures.
- Employee development and performance management processes and procedures.
- Project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Customer service standards and procedures.
- Supplies and equipment ordering and inventory control.
- Special events set up and tear down.
- Computers and associated software.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Understand and follow advanced verbal and written instructions.
- Understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Maintain effective supervisory relationships.
- Supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work.
- Determine and coordinate staffing needs for regularly scheduled, emergency and special events.
- Work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Lift and/or manipulate objects weighing up to 100 pounds regularly.
- Set up facilities to customer specifications.
- Maintain thorough and accurate records.
- Organize resources and establish priorities.
- Use hand and power tools applicable to the trade.
- Manage projects to meet multiple and potentially conflicting timelines.
- Resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Perform a variety of custodial and cleaning tasks.
Characteristc Duties and Responsibilities
Assign, direct and inspect the work of support staff; develop training schedules for new personnel.
Recommend equipment purchases, order supplies and test janitorial materials.
Maintain inventory records, distribute equipment and supplies.
Communicate University, department and state regulations and standards for safety and sanitation to staff; monitor compliance.
Perform daily maintenance; arrange for facility repairs; perform custodial work and other assigned duties.
Participate in staff meetings to coordinate operational functions, building usage and special event arrangements.
Take appropriate action on personnel records and payroll forms.
Various in/out door environments; occasional exposure to mechanical, electrical and chemical hazards; regularly subject to dirt, dust, noise, fumes, odors, confined spaces and elevated heights.
Authorized by Classification/Compensation, Human Resources
Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Participating in the University's hazardous waste minimization program is part of the job of each employee who uses (or may come in contact with) hazardous materials. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. University of Wyoming actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.