Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Employee Benefits

How to borrow or withdraw from your 403(b)

Recent Internal Revenue Service regulations have created new requirements for 403(b) retirement plan sponsors such as the University of Wyoming. To assist in meeting these requirements, the university is utilizing, a plan administrative service offered through ING Life Insurance and Annuity Company.

If you have a 403(b) account with an approved investment provider and want to borrow or withdraw money, you must first request approval online following these instructions from If approved, you will be provided with a certificate that must be submitted to your investment provider along with the provider's application.

For 403(b) accounts, this process replaces the employer authorization that in the past was completed by the Payroll Office. Employer authorizations will continue to be required for withdrawals from all the other retirement plans.

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon