|ASSISTANT UNIVERSITY EXTENSION EDUCATOR (NON EXTENDED TERM) - #4440
Department: UW Extension
College of Agriculture
Assistant University Extension Educator, non-extended term track, 4-H Youth Development.
Teton County, Jackson, WY. Position #4440. To assure full consideration, all application materials must be received by September 2, 2016. Screening will continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
Level &; Salary
Assistant University Extension Educator, non-extended term track. Subject to annual reappointment and contingent upon availability of funds. Actual salary commensurate with education and experience.
Teton County is located in the northwest corner of Wyoming, bordering the Idaho state line and includes two national parks- Yellowstone and Grand Teton. The county population is approximately 21,000. The county seat is located in Jackson which is a hub of outdoor recreation opportunities, is just west of the Continental Divide, and surrounded on all side by mountain ranges.Tourism, retail trade, and government are major employers in the county.
Nature &; Purpose
This position provides educational programs in the area of 4-H Youth Development in Teton County; provides leadership for traditional and non-traditional 4-H and youth programs; participates in the State 4-H Youth Development Initiative Team and West (Teton, Sublette, Lincoln, Uinta, and Sweetwater Counties) Area Team; and supports general Extension functions in Teton County. Teton County has 251 4-H members and 27 volunteer leaders.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
The individual in this position works as a representative of the University of Wyoming (UW) in the delivery of a comprehensive 4-H youth development program. This function is realized through existing and new youth clubs, school enrichment activities, and other educational programming. Duties include:
* Implement educational programs, policies, materials, and activities as part of the overall efforts of the Wyoming 4-H program and the identified needs of Park County clientele.
* Organize, coordinate, and support participation in 4-H events, camps, clinics, contests, and fairs.
*Provide leadership in recruiting, training, and retention of adult volunteers.
*Provide leadership in recruiting and retaining youth members in clubs.
* Provide leadership and support to 4-H Clubs, 4-H Councils, and project committees.
* Provide information to volunteers, youth, and parents regarding educational opportunities through the use of e-mail, social media, applications, and print communication formats.
* Foster relationships and develop partnerships with other youth serving groups, schools, or organizations.
* Coordinate registration, supervision, and transportation for participants in 4-H related events held in other counties, across the state, or out of state.
*Implement program evaluation, documentation, and reporting.
* Provide administrative oversight to financial and fundraising efforts involving 4-H youth and volunteers.
* Foster a culture of positive youth development in all 4-H programming efforts.
* Contribute to various teams including county office, multi-county area, state 4-H initiative, youth issues, and other UW Extension initiative teams.
*A valid driver's license and serviceable/insured vehicle.
*The ability to participate in physically active educational experiences.
Minimum Qualifications (Required)
* An earned bachelor's degree with academic training and/or professional experience relevant to the responsibilities of the position.
*Valid driver's license.
*Demonstrated prior 4-H experience.
*Knowledge of positive youth development principles and teaching methods.
* Demonstrated skills and abilities to organize and facilitate educational programs and activities such as; contests, workshops, camps, and/or fairs as part of the 4-H program.
*Experience recruiting, training, and managing adult volunteers.
* Academic training and/or experience to support mastery of specific 4-H projects.
* Demonstrated knowledge of educational program development, implementation and evaluation.
*Experience teaching youth and adult audiences.
* Excellence in ability to communicate orally and in writing. Evidence documented through application materials and experience.
* Experience in developing partnerships with other youth serving organizations and fostering positive relationships with community stakeholders.
*Experience with underserved and/or diverse youth audiences.
*Knowledge of Extension and the land-grant university system.
*Knowledge of and appreciation for rural and agricultural communities.
Approximate Time Distribution
4-H and Youth Development- 100%
Application Materials Required:
* Detailed letter of intent specifically addressing your qualifications relative to the responsibilities of the position and the ability to participate in some overnight travel, evening, and weekend work.
*Completed University of Wyoming employment application found at http://www.uwyo.edu/uwe/jobs.
*Current resume or curriculum vitae.
*Copies of all college transcripts; official transcripts required at time of hiring.
* Four (4) letters of reference from individuals who can address your professional qualifications.(We recognize that reference letters may not be received by the deadline and are out of the applicant's control, but will be forthcoming.)
Contact for application information/send completed information packet to:
Ann Roberson, Administrative Associate
University of Wyoming Extension
1000 E. University Ave., Dept. #3354
Laramie, WY 82071
For specific position information, contact:
Kelly Crane, Associate Director
University of Wyoming Extension
The University of Wyoming is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by law and University policy. Please see www.uwyo.edu/diversity/fairness.
We conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contigent upon the completion of the background check.