|ASSISTANT PROFESSOR - #2569
Department: Plant Sciences
College of Agriculture
Assistant Professor – Agronomist / Cropping Systems
James C. Hageman Sustainable Agriculture Research and Extension Center, Lingle, WY
The Department of Plant Sciences within the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Wyoming seeks applications for an 11-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor – Agronomist / Cropping Systems. The appointment split is 50% research, 40% extension, 5% teaching, and 5% service. The incumbent will be stationed at the James C. Hageman Sustainable Agriculture Research and Extension Center (SAREC) in southeast Wyoming.
Responsibilities of the incumbent are:
* Conduct research that has relevance to crop production in Wyoming. One area of emphasis will be small grains production but incumbent is encouraged to research other topics as needed.
* Develop externally-funded program with potential for national and/or international recognition
* Build an innovative extension program relevant to crop production and management in Wyoming
* Contribute to curriculum development and course delivery within the Department of Plant Sciences
* Recruit and train graduate students in the plant sciences
* Communicate effectively with the state's producers, collaborators from UW and other institutions, and agricultural industry to help SAREC and the Department of Plant Sciences have a positive impact on the sustainability of Wyoming crop production
* Serve on committees and advisory boards as needed
1. Ph.D. in agronomy or related field at the time of hire
2. Evidence of potential to conduct research in cropping systems or related areas
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse audiences
1. Evidence of potential to generate quality research publications
2. Evidence of ability to procure extramural funds to conduct novel research
3. Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver effective extension programs
4. Demonstrated potential to teach courses in the plant sciences
5. Evidence of potential to advise and train graduate students in the plant sciences
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Starting date: Anticipated to be September 2015 — or as negotiated.
Closing date: Deadline for receipt of applications is 30 April 2015. Review of applicants will begin on 1 May 2015. Applications submitted after deadline may or may not be considered.
The University of Wyoming is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law and University policy. Please see www.uwyo.edu/diversity/fairness
We conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.
Application Materials Required:
Application: Send electronic files of the following: letter of application (Position #2569), including a brief statement of philosophy on research, extension and teaching (including via distance) as well as future activities and interests; curriculum vitae; names and contact information for three references; and undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official copies will be required from the successful candidate as well as a criminal background check) to:
Urszula Norton, PhD
Chair - Faculty Search Committee
University of Wyoming, Department of Plant Sciences
Dept. 3354, 1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071-3354
For inquiries and further information: Telephone: 307-766-3103 or; Fax: 307-766-5549 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
http://www.uwyo.edu/hr/prospective/; http://www.uwyo.edu/plantsciences/index.html; http://www.uwyo.edu/uwexpstn/centers/sarec/index.html