Sidebar Site Navigation
Reading Wyoming, a book discussion program, is available to any non-profit organization or public agency in Wyoming. The program brings together community members and a humanities discussion leader to read and talk about good books. The sponsoring organization selects the Reading Wyoming series and chooses four titles to read. Discussion meetings take place during either the fall or spring with a group of 8 to 20 participants.
The Wyoming Humanities Council provides publicity, multiple copies of the books and expenses for the discussion leader. Contact Jenny Ingram, (307) 721-9247, firstname.lastname@example.org, for assistance in choosing series and discussion leaders.
ANNUAL APPLICATION DEADLINES
- Groups may host one Reading Wyoming program every 12 months, choosing either the fall, spring or summer session.
- Spring Reading Wyoming: Four meetings between January 20 and May 15. Application deadline: October 15.
- Summer Reading Wyoming: Four meetings between June 1 and August 31. Application deadline: March 15.
- Fall Reading Wyoming: Four meetings between August 1 and December 5. Application deadline: May 15.
- Applications may be submitted before the deadlines; requests will be approved based on order received, geographic distribution and funds available.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM
- After reviewing the Reading Wyoming series, list your top three choices of series in the order of your preference. List your preferred four titles in each series as well. Lists of series and books within a series are available on the council's Web site.
- List the dates and location for your meetings and the name of the discussion leader. Groups often meet monthly but some meet bi-weekly.
- The project director should sign and submit the form, postmarked by the deadline. It is preferable, although not required, for the project director to be an employee of the sponsoring organization.
- The Wyoming Humanities Council will notify groups of funding decisions and series selection in a timely fashion.