Faculty & Staff Email Moves to Office 365
A few months ago UW students were moved to Office 365 email. That move was very successful. Following that success UW faculty and staff email accounts will be making the move to Office 365 beginning the week of August 12th. With the exceptions of needing simple reconfigurations on mobile devices (e.g. smartphones) and imap clients the move will be transparent and require no action for most users.
Office 365’s email is virtually identical to UW’s current email system, with several additional advantages. One significant benefit of moving to Office 365 will be an increase in email storage capacity from the current 500 MB to 25 GBs – a 50 fold increase in storage. Office 365 also provides several additional collaboration and other features, including:
- SkyDrive Pro with an additional 7 GBs of cloud storage and online document sharing.
- Online Office Web Apps – with real-time document sharing.
- Online personal SharePoint 2013 Sites.
- For UW voicemail users, an additional 100 GB online email archival storage will be available at a later date.
- Upgraded Web interface for email.
Watch your email for more information between now and August 12th. Future announcements will include detailed instructions on how to reconfigure smartphones, iPads, tablets, and other devices as well as more information on the migration process. For more information on Office 365 please see http://www.uwyo.edu/infotech/services/email/365.asp .
If you have any questions, contact Information Technology’s Help Desk at 766-4357, option 1, or send an email to the IT Help Desk (email@example.com).