Information Technology provides WyoLync, a service based on Microsoft’s Lync™ software. WyoLync allows users to instant message, video conference, share applications or desktops from their computers.
WyoLync lets you do video calls easily. No special set up, no training required. Just your laptop’s or desktop’s microphone and camera are required.
- Connect to one individual or a group of individuals in different locations for a video conference with the click of a button. Making it easy to connect with a faculty or staff across campus, across the state or internationally.
- As a meeting organizer you can see everyone that is currently attending the meeting, mute all attendees, and add or drop attendees while keeping the meeting open.
- Scheduling a video conference with WyoLync is as simple as creating an Outlook meeting request and clicking the “Live Meeting” button. Each faculty and staff member has their own conference ID number that will be automatically added to the information on how to connect.
- WyoLync can also be used to create audio only telephone conferences whether all your attendees use Outlook or not.
WyoLync can be used to share the view of an application, such as a PowerPoint presentation or Word document, or an entire desktop, making it simple for others to follow along with the meeting content. The meeting organizer can even transfer control of a document or desktop to others.
Included with WyoLync is instant message functionality. See who is currently available, leave a note for others to see, and instant message with an individual or a group of individuals.
WyoLync is a free services for UW faculty and staff. To install WyoLync please visit the sites below for step by step instructions:
- Windows – How to Install Microsoft Lync for Windows from the UW Network
- Mac - How to Install Microsoft Lync for Mac from the UW Network
For questions about installing or using WyoLync contact the IT Help Desk at 766-HELP (4357), option 1 or email@example.com.