Microsoft Academic Select 6.4 License Program
The University of Wyoming is a participating member of the Microsoft Academic Select License Program. As a member, UW is able to secure volume pricing on various Microsoft products. This significantly reduces the costs incurred by UW departments and colleges. The current program is effective through July 31, 2015.
- Standard – new stand alone single license only. No upgrades included over term of agreement.
- License & Software Assurance (new bundle) – "buy current and keep current" at no additional cost for upgrades until July 31, 2015.
For more information go to the Category
Details web page.
Users should analyze their needs, and then carefully compare the options and associated prices.
There are a couple of steps to ordering Adobe products. To get pricing on Adobe products, please see the IT Software Ordering website (https://softwaredb.uwyo.edu/).
- Go to the IT Software Ordering website (https://softwaredb.uwyo.edu/), select the items to be purchased, and view the cart. This is where you can change the licensed username if you are ordering on behalf of another. Once your order has been placed, there will be a printable page with the details of your order.
- There are currently two payment methods you may choose. However,
please be advised that on April 30th, 2013, IDRs will no longer be
- Have your department issue an IDR to information
technology, including your order number, and either deliver
that IDR to the Front Desk of the ITC or put it in campus
mail. Please make sure it has both signatures and the date
at the bottom.
- You can pay with a University of Wyoming issued procurement card (P-card). In the online ordering process, choose "P-Card" as the form of payment and either enter your P-card information or select the P-card holder in your department who can pay for the order.
- Have your department issue an IDR to information technology, including your order number, and either deliver that IDR to the Front Desk of the ITC or put it in campus mail. Please make sure it has both signatures and the date at the bottom.
Once IT has received payment, you can check out media from the ITC Front Desk, IT will send you instructions on how to install the software from the network, or IT will place the order for any media that we do not carry. Please see the Installation Options section for information on which media can be installed from the network and which needs to be checked out from the ITC. An email will be sent when ordered media has arrived.
Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice.
Microsoft Software Documentation
UW departments can purchase documentation for Microsoft products through Microsoft Press Books. EnPointe Technologies sells titles at 20% off the listed prices. Order your books from EnPointe Technologies at 1-800-751-5706 ext. 7252 and tell them you are with the University of Wyoming.
In the past, some UW affiliated state and federal agencies purchased licenses through UW's Select Agreement with Microsoft. Please be advised that many state and federal agencies may not be eligible to receive Academic Select licenses. When an agency requests new or upgraded licenses, an eligibility review will have to be made. If upon review it's determined that the requesting department is not eligible then UW will not be allowed to provide the requested product. Departments will be directed to the requesting agency's procurement department.
More information resides on the
Microsoft Educational Licensing Web page.
Note: All software and licenses obtained through the Select Agreement remain the property of UW. Payment can be sent to the IT Front Desk, Information Technology Center.
Downgrade rights grant the right to use prior versions of Microsoft® software. Customers who acquire licenses through Microsoft Campus and Select agreements qualify for downgrade rights. Information Technology may not always have the media you need for older versions of applications or systems. It is the responsibility of the user to find appropriate installation CDs.