Level 2 Server Support Fees
Managed Departmental Server Charges and Service Level Agreement (SLA)
|Service||One-Time Charge||Ongoing Charge|
|Server, disk, backups|
|Server hardware, disks, network interface & connection, rack, licenses, etc.||Specific quote|
|Disk backup to tape|
|Tape storage (archival)||$2.50 per month per avg. GB stored|
|System support of base server
(O/S, patches, security, backups, monitor)
|Application & database support
|Specific quote||Specific quote|
|After hours problem resolution
(for work required outside of normal working hours and systems time)
(1.5 x current published Systems rate)
|Vendor hardware contract
(mandatory after warranty expires)
|Per vendor quote||Per vendor quote|
|Software licenses||Per vendor quote||Per vendor quote|
|Miscellaneous||Per vendor quote||Per vendor quote|
Application and Database Support:
Application, database, and end user support varies significantly depending on the application and may require the services and coordination of numerous personnel. Pricing for application and database support is done on a case-by-case basis after a careful analysis of the application and the needs of project sponsorship.
From cost, long-term support and reliability perspectives, it is best to use vendor software applications as they are delivered. Unless dictated by University direction and sanctioned by IATAC, vendor-provided application code will not be modified and modification is not a service that is provided by IT.
Terms and Conditions:
- IT Systems personnel will respond to outages within two hours of failure detection during normal working hours. Outside of normal working hours IT Systems personnel will respond on a best efforts basis, normally within 4 hours.
- Support is not offered for servers that duplicate services provided on central university servers. Examples of duplicate services include email servers and file servers. WWW servers would not be considered duplicative services if special WWW software or server tools are required.
- Microsoft Windows Server and SUN Solaris operating systems are supported by IT. The server operating system must be currently supported by the providing vendor. The department will be required to purchase new server hardware if operating software upgrades require newer hardware.
- Hardware maintenance contracts are optional during the manufacturer warranty period but are required after warranty expiration. IT will administer the hardware contracts but will pass through costs to the department. All hardware must be selected from an approved hardware list provided by Information Technology.
- If critical operating system patches (as defined by the O/S vendor) cannot be applied due to application restrictions, the system will be removed from the network. It is the responsibility of the application provider to update the application to accommodate critical operating system patches.
- A one year minimum commitment is required.
- Administrative access will be available to IT support personnel only.
- Departmental servers will not be available during system maintenance times – normally Sunday mornings from midnight to 8:00 AM.
- All software and support maintenance contracts will be maintained by Information Technology and all costs paid to vendors will be billed to the department.
- All charges will be billed by the IT Business Services Department to an authorized department fund. Monthly recurring charges will be billed monthly.