Phone Set Features: Voice Over IP
If you have any problems or questions regarding these calling features please call 766-2906.
Answer two calls at once.
- Answer call #1. The second call will present itself on the display and the phone will beep once in your ear. If you choose to answer the second call, press the Answer soft key, which answers the second call and places the first caller on hold.
- To toggle between the two callers use the Hold soft key and the Resume soft key.
Manually forward all calls coming into your set. You can forward to an IP phone or non-IP phone.
- Press the CFwdAll soft key
- Dial the number to which you want to forward
- Press the CFwdAll soft key
Transfer a call to another on-campus telephone number. Calls cannot be transferred off-campus.
- With a call in progress, press the Trnsfer
- Dial the number to which you are transferring
- When you hear ringing, press the Trnsfer soft key
again, or when the party answers, announce the
call and press Trnsfer.
- Hang up to end your participation in the call.
Special Note: To abandon the transfer, press the End Call soft key which disconnects the transfer and places the original caller on hold.
Set up a conference with up to nine other parties on or off campus.
- With a call in progress, press the Confrn
soft key. This opens a new line while placing
the other party(ies) on hold.
- Place a call to another party.
- When the call connects, press Confrn again to
add this party to the call.
- Repeat the first three steps to add another
Special Note: To abandon the addition of a conferee, press the End Call soft key, which disconnects that leg of the conference and places the other conferees on hold.
Cisco VoIP phones have several different options for placing a call.
- Off-hook dialing: Lift handset and dial the number.
- Predialing: Dial the number you want to call and either pick up the handset which then initiates the call or press the Dial soft key (on a 7960 only) and this initiates the call on the speakerphone if the handset is NOT picked up.
- On-hook dialing: Press the Speaker button and then dial (NOT offered on 7912 set).
This will automatically dial the last called number from your phone.
To Activate: Lift handset and press the Redial soft key.
Allows you to place a call on hold.
To Activate: During a call, press the Hold soft key.
To Return to the call: Press the Resume soft key.
This allows you to park an active call and then retrieve it using another phone within your phone system.
- During an active call, press the More soft key
until you see the Park tab.
- Press the Park soft key to park the call. The
LCD displays the number where the call is
- Make a note of the Call Park number and hang
- To retrieve the parked call, go to any phone on campus and dial the Call Park number.
Notifies you that a previously dialed on-campus number (with a busy tone) is now available.
- When you receive a busy tone, press the
Call Back soft key. The phone will indicate that
Call Back has been initiated against the DN just
called. You are now free to make any other call.
- Once the far end goes idle your set will play a
special ring tone to let you know that the DN
has become available and a new Dial soft key
will be displayed. Press it and it will redial the
original number for you.
When on an active call, and a second call is received, you can “join” both lines into a conference call.
- While on an active call, a second call comes into your line. You can press the Answer soft key to answer the second call. This places the first caller on hold. If you want to join the call press the Confrn soft key once to initiate the conference, then again to connect the two calls together.
Answer calls to other phones within a designated call pick-up group.
- As the phone rings at the extension within your
call pick-up group, pick up your handset to get
dial tone on your line.
- Press the More soft key to view the PickUp
- Press the PickUp soft key to transfer the call to
- Answer the incoming call that is redirected to
your phone by pressing the Answer soft key.
Set a distinctive ring for each line appearance on your phone (7960 sets only).
- Press the Settings button on your phone.
- Select #2 Ring Type.
- Scroll down to the line appearance you want to
change and press the Select soft key.
- Select one of seven different ring settings by
highlighting the ring type you want, then pressing the
Select soft key followed by the OK soft key.