UW BlackBerry™ Service
for Faculty and Staff
A Blackberry is a “true wireless handheld device;” a phone which allows you access to your Outlook email, address book, calendar, notes and tasks thru a direct wireless synchronization to the university’s email system from Verizon’s nationwide service.
- Handheld device allows you to have a PDA, wireless email, wireless Internet and cell phone service all in one device.
- Stay connected no matter where you are – designed just like a cell phone, you stay connected while you travel.
- No computer connection is needed for synchronization, the device is “truly wireless.”
- Easy access to the Campus Global Address Book
- Convenient (you can be on the phone, reading an email or making a calendar appointment all at the same time), user-friendly and an effective way to organize your information.
MCD Policy for UW Faculty and Staff
Effective May 1st, 2008, the university will no longer own cell phones, mobile devices or plans for permanent assignment to individual employees. For more information regarding UW's MCD Policy please see Mobile Communication Device (MCD) Policy on UW's Fiscal Admin site.
|Activation Fee (set-up charge)||$100|
|Monthly Recurring Charges|
|BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) licensing (includes support services)||$12.50|
For more information, please contact the Telecom Helpdesk at 766-4357, option 2.