Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now
Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

International Students and Scholars

Bringing Dependents

It can be very exciting to think about having your spouse and/or children join you in the United States while you are studying at the University of Wyoming. Knowing that your family will be with you enables you to feel a sense of security and peace of mind. You may believe that you will be better able to concentrate on your studies if your family is here. Unfortunately, that is not always true. There are many things that must be considered before you make this important decision.

The following information is designed to help you and your family decide whether or not you should have your dependents join you in the United States. It describes some of the major obstacles which have been observed as contributing to the adjustment problems of international spouses. It is important that you and your spouse be aware of these concerns and address them appropriately in your family.

The information is provided to you by International Students and Scholars because it this office that will ultimately prepare the documents needed by any dependents to travel to the U.S. and because we have your well being and that of your family in mind.

Family Dependent Invitation Request Form

Required documents to bring to ISS:

Dependent Invitation Request form

Copy of passport for each family member

Financial support as described in the request form


Upon approval from ISS, you will recive a new I-20, as well as F2 I-20s for each of your dependents.


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon