Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

International Students and Scholars

Childcare and Schools

If you have children under the age of 5 you may have to pay for qualified day care or babysitting. Under no circumstances should young children be left alone at home unsupervised; it is against the law. If your children are of school age (5 or older), you will be required by law to enroll them in an appropriate public school. The school will be determined by your place of residence in Laramie; therefore, you are encouraged to secure your housing before having your children join you in the U.S. Schools are also limited in services that they can provide to students who do not speak English which is also a serious consideration. To learn more about schools in Laramie, please see the website for the Albany County School District at

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon