Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

International Students and Scholars

Do you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your dependents?

Each school in the United States has an amount that is required in order to prepare documents to bring a spouse and/or dependent to the U.S. The cost reflects the local cost of living and depends in which area of the United States the individual will be living in. The University of Wyoming requires:

  • $ 5,000 Spouse
  • $ 3,250 Per Child

Before a visa can be issued for your spouse and/or children to enter the United States as your dependents, you are required to show proof of sufficient financial support. This is because the U.S. immigration law requires that all foreign nationals entering the U.S. have either a sponsor or present proof of sufficient financial resources.

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon