Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now
Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

H-1 and Permanent Residents

The International Students and Scholars office is responsible for assisting with F and J visa cateogies. Please contact Carrie Hesco for assistance with questions about the H-1B visa category or if you have questions about the Permanent Residency process.


 Carrie Hesco

 Director, Global Engagement Office

 (307) 766-3638

H-1B Speciality Occupations:

This visa category applies to people who wish to perform services in a specialty occupation, services of exceptional merit and ability relating to a Department of Defense (DOD) cooperative research and development project, or services as a fashion model of distinguished merit or ability.


Additional Information

USCIS.Gov Wepage on H-1B

Permanent Residents:

Any person not a citizen of the United States who is residing in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant. Also known as "Permanent Resident Alien", "Lawful Permanent Resident," "Resident Alien Permit Holder," and "Green Card Holder."


Additional Information

USCIS.Gov - How to apply for a Green Card


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon