Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming

Global Resource Navigation

Give to UW
Download UW Viewbook
Visit Campus

International Students and Scholars

Regulations for Maintaining Valid Student Status

As a Student, you are maintaining your status when you:

  • Keep your passport valid at all times;

  • Report any change of address to International Students and Scholars within 10 days of moving. ISS will inform the SEVIS system of the change of address as is required by federal regulations;

  • Attend the school that you are authorized to attend, as indicated on your DS-2019 or I-20 Form;

  • Pursue a full course of study;

  • Complete the SEVIS form in a timely fashion each semester until graduation or transfer to a new school;

  • Limit on-campus employment to 20 hours per week when school is in session. (Students in J-1 status must have the permission of their sponsoring agency for all employment);

  • Refrain from off-campus employment without authorization;

  • Follow required procedures for:
    • Moving from one educational level to another (e.g. Master's to Ph.D) by letting ISS know of the change.

    • Transferring from one school to another (e.g., must have permission from your sponsoring school).

  • Filing a timely application for program extension (e.g., must be done at least 10 days prior to the current expiration date).

  • Additionally, J-1 students, and any dependents, must have health and accident insurance which includes medical evacuation and repatriation benefit (either the UW mandatory policy or an approved comparable policy).

Share This Page:

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Vimeo Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Accessibility information icon