Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming apply now

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW
Professional Program

Division of Kinesiology and Health

College of Health Sciences

Kinesiology and Health Professional Programs

KHP Professional Program App
Effective immediately, the K&HP program will no longer require submission of a "professional program admission form/application" to complete upper division coursework in the K&HP program.  Students in the K&HP program who wish to take upper division coursework will be required to maintain minimum program requirements, as outlined below.  In addition to this change, K&HP students will no longer need to be given special approval to enroll in KIN and HLED upper division courses.  Pre-requisite information will be enforced and maintained, as outlined in the general catalog found at


The following minimum requirements that students must meet in order to enroll in KIN 3021 (Physiology of Exercise) and all subsequent upper division KIN and HLED coursework are as follows:
  • Be a declared Kinesiology & Health Promotion major (non-majors interested in coursework in the division must contact
  • Receive a C or better in KIN 2040 and 2041, Human Anatomy lecture and lab
  • Receive a C or better in Math 1400 or 1405 or 1450, College Algebra or Trigonometry or College Algebra & Trig
  • Receive a C or better in ZOO 3115, Human Systems Physiology, or a C or better in any Wyoming community college Human Systems Physiology course
    • Note: Students must receive a C or better in LIFE 1010 and a C or better in CHEM 1020 (or a B or better in CHEM 1000) to be able to take ZOO 3115 (Human Systems Phys) at the University of Wyoming.
  • Maintain a minimum UW GPA of 2.75 or better


Any questions, concerns, or inquiries may be directed to 


Physical Education Teacher Education (PHET) Professional Program Admission Requirements

PHET Professional App


Students may submit their Physical Education Teacher Education (PHET) Professional Program Form upon successful completion of the following: (1) a minimum of 60 credit hours of prerequisite coursework; (2) all movement core courses - exceptions may be made for applicants who are transferring with an associate’s degree from a Wyoming community college; (3) a minimum 2.75 cumulative University of Wyoming GPA, and, if applicable, a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA in all transfer coursework; and (4) a minimum of 60 hours of work with children/adolescents in a movement setting (must submit a letter from supervisor to verify the work experience).


Forms for the upcoming Fall semester are DUE Friday, APRIL 12 in Corbett Room 119A.


The PHET Program does not accept forms for a Spring semester start.
Contact Us

Kinesiology and Health

Corbett Building 119

1000 E. University Ave.

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-5284

Fax: (307) 766-4098


Kinesiology and Health Logo
Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window)

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon