Sidebar Site Navigation
"Just the Facts, Ma'am: Using Client Interviews and Role Play to Teach Fact Investigation" (with Profs. Grace Tonner and Rachel Croskery-Roberts, University of California - Irvine; presentation to Central States Regional Legal Writing Conference, Chicago, IL, September 2011)
"The National Health Care Reform Litigation: A Case Study of Story in
Action" (presentation to the Third Applied Legal Storytelling Conference
held at the University of Denver--Sturm College of Law, July 2011)
"I Read Your Article . . . What Am I Supposed to Do with It?" Teaching from the Persuasion Scholarship (panel presentation at 14th Biennial Conference of The Legal Writing Institute, with Kathy Stanchi, Ruth Anne Robbins and Linda Berger, Marco Island, FL, June 2010)
“Not Just Another Brick in the Wall: Teaching Narrative Theory in Law School” (presentation to Rocky Mountain Legal Writing Conference, Tucson, AZ, March 2010)
"Judging By the Numbers: An Empirical Study Of the Power of Story" (Plenary presentation to the Applied Legal Storytelling, Chapter 2 conference held in Portland, Oregon) July, 2009
"Geek 101: Using Technology Effectively (Without Having to Learn the Difference Between Star Wars and Star Trek)" (with Prof. Jan M. Levine, Duquesne and Prof. John Mollenkamp, Cornell), 13th Biennial Conference of the Legal Writing Institute, Indianapolis, IN, July 2008.
"The Plot Thickens: The Legal Brief as Story" (presentation in July 2007 to the international conference on applied storytelling in London, England, co-sponsored by the Legal Writing Institute and the City University of London)
"Providing Context for Contract Drafting Problems" (with Prof. James D. Dimitri), 12th Biennial Conference of the Legal Writing Institute, Atlanta GA, June 2006.
"Tell Me a Story: The Practical Applications of Storytelling in Persuasive Writing," Rocky Mountain Legal Writing Conference, Tucson AZ, March 2006.
"ECommenting Made Easy" (with Prof. Mimi Samuel), 11th Biennial Conference of the Legal Writing Institute, Knoxville, TN, July 2004.
"The Theatrical Classroom: Tips on Using Drama Students in LRW Simulations" (with Prof. Melissa Marlow-Shafer), Central Region Legal Writing Conference, St. Louis, MO, September 2003
"The Moot Case Approach to LRW," 10th Biennial Conference of the Legal Writing Institute, Seattle, WA, May 2002
Professor Chestek has also presented seminar topics, CLE or papers for the following organizations:
- Indiana State Bar Association
- International Association of Assessing Officers (tax exemption policy)
- National Association of Counties (tax exemption policy)
- Virginia Association of Assessing Officers (tax exemption policy)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (governmental immunity)
- Allegheny County Bar Association (Section 1983 liability)
- Erie County, Pennsylvania Bar Association (reassessment law)
- Pennsylvania Claims Association (uses of computers in law offices)
- County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania (various legal issues facing Counties)
- Pennsylvania Department of Community Affairs (governmental immunity)