Study Law at the University of Wyoming!
University of Wyoming College of Law offers
a high quality legal education at one of the lowest tuition rates in the
country. Located in the Rocky Mountains only a short drive
from Denver, the UW College of Law is known for its top programs, intimate family-like
atmosphere, innovative skills training, affordability, and overall student
By selecting the
University of Wyoming, you can obtain an unsurpassed return on your educational
investment and take advantage of:
- A low student-faculty ratio resulting in
small classes, personalized instruction, easy access to faculty, and a wealth
of hands-on practical training opportunities.
Our entire student body is approximately 225 law students.
to extensive “real world” training opportunities including clinics, practicums,
externships, an intensive trial advocacy institute, local and trans-national
negotiation exercises, and others. These experiences allow our students to hit
the ground running upon entering practice.
- Extensive course offerings from renowned experts in
energy, natural resources, environment, business, legal writing, family law,
criminal law, international law, and other areas.
- Personalized career guidance and close
interaction with attorneys, judges, and policymakers in the region and across
the globe, to maximize employment opportunities upon graduation.
- Joint degree programs in natural
resources (JD/MA Environment & Natural Resources), business (JD/MBA), and
public administration (JD/MPA).
- A Law degree without the extravagant price tag; UW Law students take out fewer loans while they receive high-quality training,
- The opportunity to hear distinguished speakers and attend court proceedings, including during Law Week, and throughout the year.
In providing a quality and hands-on legal education experience, the University of Wyoming is also committed to transparency as well as complete and accurate consumer information. In compliance with American Bar Association (ABA) rules and regulations, here is the ABA's Standard 509 Information Report. This information was compiled from the information that we submitted in our most recent ABA Annual Questionnaire. It contains data regarding the following:
- Admissions Data
- Tuition, fees, tuition costs, and financial aid
- Enrollment data and attrition/graduation rates
- Number of full-time and part-time faculty and administrators
- Curricular offerings
- Library resources
- Employment outcomes and Bar passage data
Our website also contains a host of other useful consumer information including, without limitation, details about our scholarship and relevant conditions, tuition refunds, curricular offerings, academic calendar, and academic requirements.