TWW 2013: What Does “College and Career Ready” Research Look Like?
Redeveloping Your Research Project to Align with CCSS and Promote Better Learning
(Registration will be
capped at 70 and will close March 22.)
This year, Teaching Writing in Wyoming will follow a workshop model, in which we invite grades 7-16 educators to revise one of their existing research assignments. TWW 2013 will include extensive small group discussion and focused work time, with the expectation that participants will:
- Develop a better understanding of CCSS objectives related to research
- Discuss characteristics of research literacies that build towards “college and career readiness”
- Discuss common struggles in promoting critical thinking in research projects
- Learn from one another about successful research approaches
- Participate in facilitated discussions about key components of effective research projects
- Ultimately, leave with a redesigned assignment prompt that builds from best practices and aligns more directly with CCSS
- Pre-Conference To-Do's
- Includes conference readings
Locations & Dates
April 7th (optional dinner) at the FireRock Steakhouse & Grill
April 8th - Casper UW Outreach Building (Room 150)
TWW participants will need to make their own lodging reservations.
Click Here, and Rick Fisher, our TWW Coordinator will get back to you as soon as possible.
TWW is co-hosted by: Wyoming School-University Partnership and LeaRN.