David E. Walrath
Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Room 2016, Engineering Building
University of Wyoming
College of Engineering and Applied Science
Department of Mechanical Engineering
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
- Solid Mechanics: Composite materials, manufacturing research and development, prototype design, process and product development, materials selection and characterization.
- G. M. Houser and D. E. Walrath, "Use of an Optic Lever as a Short Gage Length Extensometer," Nontraditional Methods of Sensing Stress, Strain, and Damage in Materials and Structures, ASTM STP 13189, George F. Lucas and David A. Stubbs, EDS., American Society for Testing and Materials, 1997.
- J. F. McKay, D. E. Walrath, R. E. Robertson, and M. N. Cavalli, "Effect of Aggregates on Isothermal (Steric) Hardening of Asphalts," Road Materials and Pavement Design, and International Journal, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2001, pp. 195-204.
- A. D. Chiasson, C. Yavuzturk, and D. E. Walrath, "Evaluation of Electricity Generation from Underground Coal Fires and Waste Banks," SME Journal of Energy Resources Technology, vol. 129, June 2007, pp. 81-89.
- K. P. Brennan, B. D. Straka, and D. E. Walrath, "Investigation of a Simple Tensorial Permeameter," Polymer Composites, Manuscript no. PC-08-0398, Published online in Wiley InterScience (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com), Society of Plastics Engineers.
- K. P. Brennan and D. E. Walrath, "Macro-Scale Simulation of Fiber Bed Impregnation Utilizing Micro-Scale Material Properties, " Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, Manuscript no. JRPC-08-0210, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites OnlineFirst, published on May 21, 2009.
- K. P. Brennan and D. E. Walrath, "A Self-Contained Module for Predicting Micro-Scale Material Properties During Fiber Reinforced Polymer Processing," Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials, Manuscript no. JTCM 2008-27, Journal of Thermoplastic Composite Materials OnlineFirst, published on June 19, 2009.
- K. P. Brenan and D. E. Walrath, "Analysis of Underlying Organization in Randomized Fiber Arrays," Journal of Composite Materials, Manuscript no. JCM-08-0043, Journal of Composite Materials OnlineFirst, published on August 5, 2009.
- D. E. Walrath, W. R. Lindberg, and R. K. Burgess, "An Improved Flow, Axially-Rotated, Split Venturi Valve and Method," granted February 22, 2000, U. S. Patent Number 6,026,845.
- D. E. Walrath, W. R. Lindberg, and R. K. Burgess, " Split Venturi, Axially-Rotated Valve," granted August 29, 2000, U. S. Patent Number 6,109,293
- D. E. Walrath, W. R. Lindberg, and R. K. Burgess, "Increased Flow, Split Venturi Valve System," granted August 28, 2001, U. S. Patent Number 6,279,595.