Sidebar Site Navigation
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Room 2029, Engineering Building
University of Wyoming
College of Engineering and Applied Science
Department of Mechanical Engineering
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
- Ph.D., 2003, Aerospace Engineering, University of Maryland at College Park, MD
- M.S, 2000, Aerospace Engineering, University of Maryland at College Park, MD
- B.Tech 1998, Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India.
- Assistant Professor, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY, June 2009 - Present
- Senior Research Engineer, National Institute of Aerospace (NIA), Hampton, Virginia January 2007- June 2009
- Research Scientist University of Maryland at College Park, College Park, MD May 2004-January 2007
- Research Scientist, Applied Scientific Research Inc, Santa Ana, CA, August 2003 - May 2004
- Graduate Research Assistant University of Maryland at College Park, College Park, MD August 1998 - August 2003
Research is focused on development and application of parallel and scalable overset grid based CFD methods to interesting physical problems with moving bodies and aeroelasticity. In the context of CFD methods, various concepts are explored such as, methods for grid generation/deformation, algorithms for overset domain connectivity, dynamic solution based mesh adaptation and higher order schemes. The major application areas of methodologies are in the study of rotorcraft aeromechanics, wind turbine aeromechanics and flexible flapping wings.
- Sitaraman, J., Floros, M., Wissink, A., Potsdam, M., "Parallel Unsteady Overset Grid Methodology for a Multi-solver Paradigm with Adaptive Cartesian Grids," AIAA 2008-7177, Under review in Journal of Computational Physics.
- Sitaraman, J. and Roget, B., "Prediction of Helicopter Maneuver Loads using a Coupled CFD/CSD Analysis," ICAS 2008, Anchorage, AK, Accepted for publication in the Journal of Aircraft
- Roget, B. and Sitaraman, J. and Hubbard, J. "Computational Study of Flexible Wing Flapping Flight,", AIAA 2008-6397, Under review for the Journal of Aircraft
- Sitaraman, J. and Baeder, J., "Field Velocity Approach and Geometric Conservation Law For Unsteady Flow Simulations,'" AIAA journal, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 2084-2094
- Datta, A., Sitaraman, J., Baeder, J. and Chopra, I., "CFD/CSD Coupling For the Prediction of Rotor Vibratory Loads in High-Speed flight," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 43, No.6, pp. 1698-1709
- Sitaraman, J. and Baeder, J., "Computational Fluid Dynamics Based Enhanced Indicial Aerodynamic Models," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 41, No. 4, May 2004
- Datta, A., Roget, B., Sitaraman, J., Griffiths, D., Pugliese, G., Bao, J., Liu, L., and Gamard, O., "Design of a Martian Autonomous Rotary-wing Vehicle", Journal of Aircraft, 40, no. 3, pp. 461- 472.