Sidebar Site Navigation
Mark R. Garnich
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Room 2028, Engineering Building
University of Wyoming
College of Engineering and Applied Science
Department of Mechanical Engineering
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Mechanics of Materials: composite materials, multicontinuum theory, multi-scale analyses, numerical modeling, micromechanics. The overarching interest is in developing computationally effective multiscale methods for practical analysis of full scale composite structures.
- Garnich MR, Dalgarno RW, Kenik DJ. Effects of Moisture on Matrix Cracking in Cryo-cycled Cross-Ply Laminates, J. Composite Materials, In Press (2011)
- Dalgarno R, Garnich MR, Andrews EW. Thermal Fatigue Cracking of an IM7/5250-4 Cross Ply Laminate: Experimental and Analytical Observations, J. Composite Materials, Vol. 43, No. 23, pp. 2699-2715, 2009.
- Garnich MR, Liu P, Akula VMK, Fitch J, Long D. An Approach for Increasing the Dimensional Stability of Composite Space Structures, AIAA Journal, Vol. 47, No. 4, pp. 1005-1013, 2009.
- Garnich MR, Akula VMK. Review of Degradation Models for Progressive Failure Analysis of FRP Composites, ASME Applied Mechanics Reviews, Vol. 62, No. 1, 2008.
- Andrews EW, Garnich MR. Stresses Around Fiber Ends at Free and Embedded Ply Edges, Composites Science and Technology, Vol. 68, pp. 3352-3357, 2008.
- Karami, G. and M.R. Garnich, Micromechanical Study of Thermoelastic Behavior of Composites with Periodic Fiber Waviness, Composites Part B: Engineering, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 241-248, 2005.
- Garnich, M.R. and G. Karami, Localized Fiber Waviness and Implications for Failure in Unidirectional Composites, J. Composite Materials, Vol. 39, No. 14, pp. 1225-1245, 2005.
- Karami, G. and M.R. Garnich, Effective Moduli and Failure Considerations for Composites with Periodic Fiber Waviness, Composite Structures, Vol. 67, No. 4, pp. 461-475, 2005.
- Fertig, R. and M.R. Garnich, Influence of Constituent Properties and Microstructural Parameters on the Tensile Modulus of a Polymer/Clay Nanocomposite, J. Composites Science and Technology, Vol. 64, No. 16, pp. 2577-2588, 2004.
- Key, C.T., M.R. Garnich and A.C. Hansen, Progressive Failure Predictions for Rib-Stiffened Panels Based on Multicontinuum Technology, Composite Structures, Vol. 65, No. 3-4, pp. 357-366, 2004.
- Garnich, M.R. and G. Karami, Finite Element Micromechanics for Stiffness and Strength of Wavy Fiber Composites, J. Composite Materials, Vol. 38, No. 4, pp. 273-292, 2004.
- Garnich, M.R. and A.C. Hansen, A Multicontinuum Approach to Structural Analysis of Linear Viscoelastic Composite Materials, J. Applied Mechanics, Vol. 64, No. 4, pp. 795-803, 1997.
- Garnich, M.R. and A.C. Hansen, A Multicontinuum Theory for Thermal-Elastic Structural Analysis of Composites, J. Composite Materials, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 71-86, 1997.