Paul A. Dellenback
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Room 2072, Engineering Building
University of Wyoming
College of Engineering and Applied Science
Department of Mechanical Engineering
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Arizona State University, 1986.
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Texas Tech University, 1980.
- B.S. in Engineering Physics, Texas Tech University, 1978.
Areas of Expertise
- Convective heat transfer, turbulent fluid mechanics, and optical diagnostics, with particular interest in problems related to gas turbine engines.
- Dellenback, P.A., 2006, "A Reassessment of the Alternative Regeneration Cycle", ASME J. Eng. for Gas Turbines and Power, 128, no. 4, pp.783-88.
- Wu, W., P.A. Dellenback, P.K. Agarwal (posthumus), and H.W. Haynes, Jr., 2005, "Combustion of Isolated Bubbles in an Elevated-Temperature Fluidized Bed," Combustion and Flame, 140, pp. 204-221.
- Dellenback, P.A., 2002, "Improved Gas Turbine Efficiency Through Alternative Regenerator Configuration," J. of Eng. For Gas Turbines and Power, 124, no. 3, pp. 441-446.
- Wu, W., A.L. Gerhart, Z. Chen, P.A. Dellenback, P.K. Agarwal, 2001, "A Device for Measuring Solids Flowrate in a Circulating Fluidized Bed," Powder Technology, 120, no.3, pp. 151-158.
- Sanger, J.L. and P.A. Dellenback, 1998, "Heat Transfer in Counterswirled Coaxial Jet Mixing," AIAA J. of Propulsion and Power, 14, no. 3, pp. 384-391.
- Dellenback, P.A., J.L. Sanger and D.E. Metzger, 1994, "Heat Transfer in Confined Coaxial Jet Mixing with Swirled Inner Jet," J. Heat Transfer, 116, no. 4, pp. 864-870.
- Hirleman, E.D. and P.A. Dellenback, 1989, "Adaptive Fraunhofer Diffraction Particle Sizing Instruments Using a Spatial Light Modulator," Applied Optics, 28, no. 222, pp. 4870-4878.
- Dellenback, P.A., D.E. Metzger, and G.P. Neitzel, 1988, "Measurements in Turbulent Swirling Flow through an Abrupt Axisymmetric Expansion," AIAA Journal, 26, no. 6, pp. 669-681.
- Dellenback, P.A., D.E. Metzger, and G.P. Neitzel, 1987, "Heat Transfer to Turbulent Swirling Flow through a Sudden Axisymmetric Expansion," J. of Heat Transfer, 109, no.3, pp. 613-620.
- Tau Beta Pi Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, University of Wyoming, 2008.
- University of Wyoming Mortar Board Outstanding Academic Advisor Award, 2005.
- Recognized five times as a University of Wyoming Mortar Board "Top Prof": 1997, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2004.
- University of Wyoming Excellence in Advising Award, 1996.
- Twice voted "Outstanding Professor in Civil and Mechanical Engineering" by engineering student body, Southern Methodist University, 1989 and 1990.