Sidebar Site Navigation
Research Scientist for Mechanical Engineering
Room 2031, Engineering Building
University of Wyoming
College of Engineering and Applied Science
Department of Mechanical Engineering
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Current research activities are in the areas of alternative energy and computer aided laboratory instruction. Specific areas of expertise are instrumentation and electro-mechanical devices.
- Morton, Scott A. and Nydahl, John E., "Field Tests of a Wind-Electric Controller for Parallel Stock Water Pumping and Heating," AAIA/ASME Annual Conference, Reno, Nevada, January 2002.
- Morton, Scott A., and Smith, Donald A., "A Fluid Flow Experiment Utilizing Computer Aided Laboratory Instruction," 2001 ASEE Annual Conference, Albuquerque, NM, June 2001.
- Nydahl, John; Peck, Nancy; and Morton, Scott, "The Use of Numerical Regression Analysis in Modeling Various Types of Experimental Friction," 2001 ASEE Annual Conference, Albuquerque, NM, June 2001.
- Morton, Scott A. and Nydahl, John E., " The Multi-Tasking of Stock Water Pumping and Heating Loads on a Wind Electric Turbine," 2001 AWEA Annual Conference, Washington, D.C., June 2001.
Conference Papers - Refereed
- Morton, Scott A., and Sharma, M. P., “Thermodynamic Considerations in Determining World Carrying Capacity,” 2009 ASEE Annual Conference, Arlington, TX, Accepted for Presentation June 2009.
- Morton, Scott A. and Walrath, David E., “Comparison of Two Project-Based Capstone Design Teaching Approaches,” National Capstone Design Course Conference, Boulder, Colorado, June 2007.
- Morton, Scott A., Hill, Robin, and Hansen, Michael E., “Progress in Developing a Computer Aided Laboratory Instruction System,” 2007 Rocky Mountain Section ASEE Conference, Provo, UT, April 2007.
- Spitler, J., Morton, S. A., Naughton, J. W., Lindberg, W. R., “Low-Order Turbulence Modeling of the Wind Turbine In-Flow Environment,” AAIA/ASME Conference, Reno, Nevada, January 2004.
- Morton, Scott A. and Nydahl, John E., “Field Tests of a Wind-Electric Controller for Parallel Stock Water Pumping and Heating,” AAIA/ASME Annual Conference, Reno, Nevada, January 2002.
Nydahl, John; Peck, Ann; and Morton, Scott A., ”The Use of Numerical Regression Analysis in Modeling Various Types of Experimental Friction,” Computers in Education Journal, Computers in Education Division of ASEE, Vol. XIII No. 4, October - December 2003.
Morton, Scott, “Using Excess Energy from a Wind-Electric Stock Water Pumping System to Extend the Winter Grazing Season,” Report prepared for the Midwest Research Institute, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Subcontract No. LAM-1-31246-01, November 16, 2001, Revised February 20, 2002.
- Patent Number 4,003,712, Fuel/Air Ratio Controller, 1978.
- Co-inventor with C.F. Hood on two patents assigned to Hesston Corporation, covering a microprocessor control system for weighing bales and detecting knotter failure on Hesston large, square balers, 1988.
- Patent Number 7,146,922 B1 Towline fuse and energy dissipation device, 2006.
- Provisional patent on a binocular synchronization system, 2004. Utility patent application filed 2005.
- Provisional patent on a damage resistant survey marking stake, 2005. Utility patent application filed 2005.
- Provisional patent on a wear sensor, November 30, 2008.