Jarvis Lab: Publications (last five years):
Publications (last five years):
- Geisler, C. and Jarvis, D.L. 2010. Identification of genes encoding N-glycan processing β-N-acetylglucosaminidases from Trichoplusia ni and Bombyx mori: implications for N-glycosylation pathway engineering in baculovirus expression systems. Biotechnol. Progr. 26:34-44.
- Jarvis, D.L. 2010. Recombinant protein expression in baculovirus-infected insect cells. In Lorsch, J. ed., Methods Navigator Cookbook, Elsevier, Amsterdam.
- Hillar, A. and Jarvis, D.L. 2010. Re-visiting the endogenous capacity for recombinant glycoprotein sialylation by baculovirus-infected Tn-4h and DpN1 cells. Glycobiology 20:1323-1330.
- Geisler, C. and Jarvis, D.L. 2011. Effective glycoanalysis with Maackia amurensis lectins requires a clear understanding of their binding specificities. Glycobiology 21:988-993.
- Toth, A.M., Geisler, C. Aumiller, J.J., and Jarvis, D.L. 2011. Factors affecting recombinant Western equine encephalitis glycoprotein production in the baculovirus system. Protein Expr. Purif. 80:274-282.
- Aumiller, J.J., Mabashi-Asazuma, H., Hillar, A., Shi, X., andJarvis, D.L. 2012. A new glycoengineered insect cell line with an inducibly-mammalianized protein N-glycosylation pathway. Glycobiology 22:417-428.
- Teulé, F., Miao, Y., Sohn, B.-H., Kim, Y.-S., Hull, J.J., Fraser, M.J., Lewis, R.V. and Jarvis, D.L. 2012. Silkworms transformed with chimeric silkworm/spider silk genes spin composite silk fibers with improved mechanical properties. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 109:923-928.
- Geisler, C. and Jarvis, D.L. 2012. Substrate specificities and intracellular distributions of three N-glycan processing enzymes functioning at a key branch point in the insect N-glycosylation pathway. J. Biol. Chem. 287:7084-7097.
- Geisler, C., Kotu, V., Sharrow, M., Rendic, D., Poltl, G., Tiemeyer, M., Wilson, I.B.H., and Jarvis, D.L. 2012. The Drosophila neurally altered carbohydrate mutant has a defective Golgi GDP-fucose transporter. J. Biol. Chem. 287:29599-29609.
- Geisler, C. and Jarvis, D.L. 2012. Innovative use of a bacterial enzyme involved in sialic acid degradation to initiate sialic acid biosynthesis in glycoengineered insect cells. Metabol. Engr. 14:642-652.
- Mabashi-Asazuma, Shi, X., Geisler, C., Kuo, C.-W., Kay-Hooi Khoo, K.-H., and Jarvis, D.L. 2013. Impact of a human CMP-sialic acid transporter on recombinant glycoprotein sialylation in glycoengineered insect cells. Glycobiology 23:199-210.
- Phillips, A.T., Stauft, C.B., Aboellail, T.A., Toth, A.M., Jarvis, D.L., Powers, A.M., and Olson, K.E. 2013. Bioluminescent imaging and histopathologic characterization of WEEV neuroinvasion in outbred CD-1 mice. PLoS One 8:e53462.
- Lin, C.-H. and Jarvis, D.L. 2013. Utility of temporally distinct baculovirus promoters for constitutive and baculovirus-inducible transgene expression in transformed insect cells. J. Biotechnol. 165:11-17.
- Serena, M.S., Geisler, C., Metz, G.E., Corva, S.G., Mórtola, E.C., Jarvis, D.L., Echeverría, M.G. 2013. Expression and purification of Suid Herpesvirus-1 glycoprotein E in the baculovirus system and its use to diagnose Aujeszky’s disease in infected pigs. Prot. Expr. Purif., 90:1-8.
- Gao, Y., Aryal, R.P., Ju, T., Cummings, R.D., Gahlay, G., Jarvis, D.L., Matta, K.L., Vlahakis, J.Z., Szarek, W.A., and Brockhausen, I. 2013. Acceptor specificities and selective inhibition of recombinant human Gal- and GlcNAc-transferases that synthesize core structures 1, 2, 3 and 4 of O-glycans. Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 1830:4274-4281.
- Gerken, T.A., Revoredo, L., Thome, J., Tabak, L.A., Clausen, H., Vester-Christensen, M.B., Jarvis, D.L., Gahlay, G.K., and Moremen, K.W. 2013. The lectin domain of the polypeptide GalNAc transferase family of glycosyltransferases (ppGalNAc T’s) acts as a switch directing glycopeptide substrate glycosylation in an N- or C- direction further controlling mucin-type O-glycosylation. J. Biol Chem. 288:19900-19914.
- An, Y., Rininger, J.A., Jarvis, D.L., Jing, X., Ye, Z., Aumiller, J.J., Eichelberger, M., and Cipollo, J.F. 2013. Comparative glycomics analysis of influenza hemagglutinin (H5N1) produced in vaccine-relevant cell platforms. J. Proteome Res. 12:3707-3720.
- Lin, C.-H., Kuo, C.-W., Jarvis, D.L., and Khoo, K.-H. 2013. Facile removal of high mannose structures prior to extracting complex type N-glycans from de-N-glycosylated peptides retained by C18 solid phase to allow more efficient glycomic mapping. Proteomics 14:87-92. PMC3926941.
- Phillips, A.T., Schountz, T., Toth, A.M., Rico, A.B., Jarvis, D.L., Powers, A.M., and Olson, K.E. 2013. Liposome-antigen-nucleic acid complexes protect mice from lethal challenge with Western and Eastern equine encephalitis viruses. J. Virol. 88:1771-1780. PMC3911585
- Jarvis, D.L. 2014. Recombinant Protein Expression in Baculovirus-Infected Insect Cells. Meth. Enzymol. 536:149-163. PMC in process.
- Mabashi-Asazuma, H., Kuo, C.-W., Khoo, K.-H. and Jarvis, D.L. 2014. A novel baculovirus vector for the production of non-fucosylated recombinant glycoproteins in insect cells. Glycobiology 24:325-340. PMC3919471.
- Toth, A.M., Kuo, C.-W., Khoo, K.-H., and Jarvis, D.L. 2014. A new insect cell glycoengineering approach provides baculovirus-inducible glycogene expression and increases human-type glycosylation efficiency. J. Biotechnol. 182-183:19-29. PMC4095979.
- Harrison, R.L. and Jarvis, D.L. 2014. Transforming lepidopteran insect cells for continuous recombinant protein expression. Meth. Mol. Biol., submitted for publication.
- Harrison, R.L. and Jarvis, D.L. 2013. Transforming lepidopteran insect cells for improved protein processing. Meth. Mol. Biol., submitted for publication.
- Geisler, C., Mabashi-Asazuma, H., and Jarvis, D.L. 2014. An overview and history of glycoengineering in insect expression systems. Meth. Mol. Biol., submitted for publication.
(Last update 09/05/14)