Opera in a Gym Requirements:
- A TUNED acoustic piano is preferable. If yours school does not have one, a high-quality Clavinova is acceptable, but it needs to have an amplifier (otherwise, our singers cannot hear the keyboard). If your school does not have either, please let us know AHEAD of time, so that we can bring in our own electronic keyboard and amplification system.
- We MUST have two, private rooms for our singers to change into their costumes. Our current production is comprised of 10 women and 8 men.
- We usually arrive at least one hour before the performance time. We will need to load in the set into the performance space. Please let us know ahead of time if there is class in the gym at the time, and we will do our best to load in and set up as quietly as possible. Please remember that we travel with a 12-piece set, props and costumes.
- The current production runs exactly at 47 minutes, and time permitting, there is a short question/answer period with the cast following the performance. Therefore, an allotted time of one hour for this performance is preferable.
- Opera in a Gym is ALWAYS free to the hosting school!
In order for us to process your request correctly, please answer all questions.