Recent Peer Reviewed Publications (in chronological order)
1. Yuanyuan Jiao,1,2 Chunzhao Zhang,1 Yuchio Yanagawa,3 and Qian-Quan Sun1,2 (2006) Major Effects of Sensory Experiences on the Neocortical Inhibitory Circuits. The Journal of Neuroscience, 2006 Aug 23;26(34):8691-701.. Download the article.
2. Chunzhao Zhang1, Gábor Szabó3, Ferenc Erdélyi3, James D. Rose1,2, and Qian-Quan Sun1,2, (2006) A Novel Interneuronal Network in the Mouse Posterior Piriform Cortex. The Journal of Comparative Neurology, 499: 1000-1015. Download pdf (1) . Download the article (Pre-press version, high resolution).
3. Selby L, Zhang C and Sun QQ, (2007a) Alterations of Specific GABAergic Inhibitory Circuits in the Somatosensory Cortex of Mice Lacking the Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein. Neuroscience letters 412:227-32. Download the article.
4. Sun QQ (2007b). The missing piece in the “use it or lose it” puzzle: is inhibition regulated by activity or does it act on its own accord? Review In Neuroscience 2007;18(3-4):295-310..Download the article.
5. Sun QQ, Huguenard JR and Prince D A (2007c). Reorganization of barrel circuits leads to thalamically-evoked cortical epileptiform activity. Thalamus & Related Systems.doi: 10.1017/S1472928807000283, Published online by Cambridge University Press 25 May 2007. Download the article.
6. Young A and Sun QQ (2007d) Long-Term Modifications in the Strength of Excitatory Associative Inputs in the Piriform Cortex. Chem Senses. 2007 Jul 18. Download this article.
7. Young A and Sun QQ (2007d). GABAergic Inhibitory Interneurons in the Posterior Piriform Cortex of the GAD67-GFP Mouse. 2009. Download this article.
8. Sun QQ, Zhang Z, Jiao Y, Zhang C, Szabo G, Erdelyi F. Differential Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor Expression and Modulation in Two Neocortical Inhibitory Networks. J Neurophysiol. 2009 Feb 25. Download this article.
Previous peer-reviewed publications (in chronological order)
1. Sun QQ & Dale N. (1997) Serotonergic Inhibition of T-type and High voltage-activated Ca2+ currents in the primary sensory neurons of Xenopus larvae. Journal of Neuroscience. 17(18): 6839-6849.
2. Sun QQ & Dale N. (1998b) Developmental changes in ion channel expression accompany maturation of locomotor pattern in frog tadpoles. Journal of Physiology (London) 507 (1): 257-264.
3. Sun QQ, & Dale N (1998a) Differential inhibition of N and P/Q Ca2+ currents by 5-HT1A and 5-HT1D receptors in spinal neurons of Xenopus larvae. Journal of Physiology (London), 510 (1): 103-20.
4. Sun QQ & Dale N (1999) G-Proteins are involved in 5-HT receptor-mediated modulation of N- and P/Q- but not T-type Ca2+ channels. Journal of Neuroscience 19(3): 890-9.
5. Sun QQ, Huguenard JR and Prince D A. (2001b) Differential regulation of GABA release and neuronal excitability mediated by neuropeptide Y1 and Y2 receptors in rat thalamic slices . The Journal of Physiology (London), 531(1): 87-94.
6. Sun QQ, Huguenard JR and Prince DA. (2001a) Selective activation of GIRK channels and HVA Ca2+ channels by neuropeptide Y receptors in neurons from rat thalamic slices. The Journal of Physiology (London), 531(1): 67-79.
7. Sun QQ, Huguenard JR and Prince DA. (2002) Somatostatin inhibits thalamic network oscillations in vitro: actions on the GABAergic neurons of the reticular nucleus. Journal of Neuroscience 22: 5374-5386. Download the article.
8. Sun QQ, Prince DA and Huguenard JR (2003b) Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide activate hyperpolarization-activated cationic current and depolarize thalamocortical neurons in vitro. Journal of Neuroscience 23: 2751-8. Download the article.
9. Sun QQ, Baraban SC, Prince DA and Huguenard JR (2003a) Target-specific NPYergic synaptic inhibition and its network consequences within the mammalian thalamus Journal of Neuroscience 23: 9639-9649. Download the article.
10. Sun QQ, John R. Huguenard and David A Prince (2006). Barrel cortex microcircuits: Thalamocortical feed-forward inhibition in spiny stellate cells is mediated by a small number of FS interneurons. Journal of Neuroscience. The Journal of Neuroscience, • 26(4):1219 –1230. Download the article.
11. Sun QQ, John R. Huguenard and David A Prince (2007). Reorganization of barrel circuits lead to thalamic evoked cortical epilepsy. Thalamus and Related System. Accepted.