Nearly one in three students attending UW is a non-traditional student. These students make up a diverse group with a variety of life experiences, backgrounds, skills, responsibilities and needs.
- 25+ years old
- Working on a Masters or Doctoral degree
- A parent
- Responsible for dependents
- A ward/dependent of the court
- A US Armed Forces Veteran
- A child of deceased parents
- A staff member or adult learner taking courses on a part-time basis
All non-traditional students are welcome to use the Nontraditional Student Center located in Wyoming Union 104. The center has a refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave, lounge furniture, computers, printer, scanner, and a table/social area for commuters, nontrads, and student friends to use. Make sure to sign up for the list serve in 104 on the white board in the center. Enjoy the center facilities, socialize, and enjoy adult conversations with other adults who are also working to earn a college degree.
The Nontraditional Student Center hosts events and workshops designed to assist adults returning to school and build their skill set for college success.