Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

Fay W. Whitney School of Nursing

College of Health Sciences

Registration: Non-Degree Seeking Students

The school is no longer able to admit non-degree seeking students into the graduate nursing courses with the exception of NURS 5140, Pharmacotherapy for Primary Care Practitioners. See below.

If students desire to take NURS 5140, Pharmacotherapy for Primary Care Practitioners, they should follow the directions below. NOTE: Potential UW Nurse Practitioner students are not to take this class until admitted into the program and then must take it in sequence with their approved plan of study. 

  1. Apply through Admissions with the Non-Degree-Seeking Application

    Students need to submit the Non-Degree Seeking Application for the semester in which they wish to take a class.

    • Go to UW Admissions page by clicking on this link.

    • Scroll down the page and click Non-Degree seeking GRADUATE Students. Follow the steps noted on that page.

  2. Register for courses

    • Directions

      Students receive directions for registering on WyoWeb from the Registrar's Office once they grant admission following receipt of the non-degree-seeking graduate application. 

    • Registration Period

      Students need to wait to register until the official registration period opens up for whatever semester they want to apply. 

    • NURS 5140

      This course is under controlled enrollment. Non-degree-seeking students who have been granted permission to register have an override placed on their account which allows them to be able to register for this course through WyoWeb.


Phone 307-766-6568

Share This Page:

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Vimeo Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Accessibility Accessibility information icon