Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

State Authorization|The Outreach School

State Authorization and Program Integrity


The University of Wyoming continues its efforts to comply with state authorization regulations. 

The Higher Education Act and current state authorization regulations impact the admission of out-of-state students in the University’s distance education programs.  At this time, the University of Wyoming will not be admitting distance education students from the following state:  Massachusetts.

For students interested in Nursing, Education, Land Surveying, or Speech Pathology/Audiology programs, please click here for additional information regarding licensure in states other than Wyoming.


Students cannot complete a clinical or internship in: Kentucky, Massachusetts or North Carolina.

Students can only complete a clinical or internship in the following states after submitting additional paperwork (please contact Lori Gonzales at for more information: Texas

Current students from these states will be allowed to complete their program.

For additional information about State Authorization and distance education, please contact Lori Gonzales at


  • Click HERE for information regarding the Student Complaint Process for Institutions of Higher Education operating in Wyoming. For additional information or questions, please contact the Division of Student Affairs.
  • The University of Wyoming strives to provide the highest quality educational opportunities available. However, if a conflict does arise, our efforts are meant to resolve your grievances, complaints, and concerns in an expeditious, fair, and amicable manner. If an issue cannot be resolved by the University’s internal processes, you may choose to file a complaint with your state of residence as found in the following contact information, , updated regularly by the State Higher Education Executive Officers Organization (SHEEO).
  • The University of Wyoming is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.  Complaints concerning broad institutional academic practices, such as those that raise issues regarding UW’s ability to meet accreditation standards, may be filed with the Higher Learning Commission.
  • If you are a member of the Military or a military spouse, please go to the Military OneSource Postsecondary Education Complaint System.

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon