Sidebar Site Navigation
Agronomy of Irrigated Crops
Dr. Axel Garcia, Assistant Professor and Irrigation Specialist leads research projects on Agronomy of Irrigated Crops. The main goal of his research program is to contribute for the practice of a sustainable irrigated agriculture in the State. Specific areas of research are:
- Irrigated Agriculture & Agrometeorology
- Water Use & Water Productivity of Crops
- Plants Response to Abiotic Stressors
- Cropping Systems and Water Conservation
- The Impact of Climate Change and Climate Variability on Crops Growth and Yield
PLNT 3000-40 / Irrigated Agriculture
PLNT 5790-40 / Topics: Irrigated Agriculture
- Impact of climate variability on winter wheat overwintering and frost kill in two major production regions: The USA West Mountain region and Northern Europe.
- The effects of water stress on growth and yield of crops.
- Towards the recommendation of scientifically-based Irrigation strategies in Wyoming: A case study for forage alfalfa crop production.
- Vegetable crop production and variety selection inside and outside High Tunnels: research, demonstration, education, and training.
- Soil carbon and nitrogen dynamics in organic crop and livestock production of the Northern High Plains Ecoregion, Wyoming and Nebraska.