Agronomy of Irrigated Crops
Dr. Axel Garcia y Garcia, Assistant Professor and Irrigation Specialist leads research projects on Agronomy of Irrigated Crops. The main goal of his research program is to contribute for the practice of a sustainable irrigated agriculture in the State. Specific areas of research are:
- Irrigated Agriculture & Agrometeorology
- Water Use & Water Productivity of Crops
- Plants Response to Abiotic Stressors
- Cropping Systems and Water Conservation
- The Impact of Climate Change and Climate Variability on Crops Growth and Yield
- PLNT 3000-40 / Irrigated Agriculture
- PLNT 5790-40 / Topics: Irrigated Agriculture
- Impact of climate variability on winter wheat overwintering and frost kill in two major production regions: The USA West Mountain region and Northern Europe.
- The effects of water stress on growth and yield of crops.
- Towards the recommendation of scientifically-based Irrigation strategies in Wyoming: A case study for forage alfalfa crop production.
- Vegetable crop production and variety selection inside and outside High Tunnels: research, demonstration, education, and training.
- Soil carbon and nitrogen dynamics in organic crop and livestock production of the Northern High Plains Ecoregion, Wyoming and Nebraska.