Sidebar Site Navigation
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
EdD Degree in Educational Administration, K-12 Educational Leadership
||GPA: 3.5 in Master's
||GRE: 900/291; 4.0 (analytical writing)
||Deadline: Jan. 15 or Sept. 15||Apply!|
TOEFL: 550 written or 76 online
GRE: 900/291; 4.0 (analytical writing)
|Deadline: Jan. 15 or Sept. 15||Apply!|
The EdD is designed to prepare students for service as an educational leader and for continued growth and learning, either as a principal, superintendent, or a K-12 teacher with increased leadership knowledge and skills. Students who are interested in a Wyoming School Superintendent's Endorsement can apply to the Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board after successfully completing the educational leadership core courses and the internship (total of 26 credit hours).
This EdD program requires students to successfully complete 77-80 credit hours, depending on admission date, including a superintendent internship. Of those, 30 credits may be applied from a relevant master's degree program.
Following the completion of the educational leadership coursework, internship, and educational research courses, students take the comprehensive examination. After passing the comprehensive examination, they become candidates for the doctoral degree; they begin writing their dissertation by taking dissertation prospectus writing and complete their dissertation while taking the final 6 credits. Students who complete a specific menu of courses will be eligible for a superintendent's endorsement through PTSB and a UW School District Superintendent Certificate.
Tuition and Fees
The University of Wyoming was ranked 11th in the nation for best value!
|Resident Tuition||Non-Resident Tuition|
|Outreach Courses Campus Courses||Outreach Courses Campus Courses|
|$210/credit $210/credit||$294/credit $629/credit|
Note: All courses for the EdD program are offered only through Outreach.
Additional outreach course fees: $20/credit for video or audio classes; $40/credit for online classes.
Please BE ADVISED that tuition for Outreach courses will be increasing. See link for details.
There are two application deadlines for this program: January 15 and September 15.
Step 1: Apply to UW and Professional Studies through the online application portal
- Click here to access the UW graduate application portal
- After completing the initial information page, you will receive an email from the system including a link and your temporary username and password
- Please complete the contact, academic, residency information, etc.
- Submit the $50 application fee
- Submit ALL required documents to the online document portal (applications with missing documents will not be considered)
- Unofficial copies of GRE scores (official copies should be requested from GRE reporting and sent to UW Admissions)
- A completed program application
- Three current reference letters using the department reference form submitted directly through the portal by your referees; referees should be familiar with your leadership skills and you should include a letter from each of the following:
- your immediate supervisor
- two selected colleagues
- A letter of intent describing career goals and reasons for pursuing the EdD degree or Superintendent Certificate
- A current academic resume
- Agree to admissions terms and submit your application
Step 2: Submit official copies of transcripts to UW Admissions
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions should be requested and sent to UW Admissions
- Official copies of GRE scores should be sent directly from GRE Reporting to UW Admissions