Sidebar Site Navigation
Instructional Technology Application Guidelines: Online Instruction Certificate
Step 1: Apply to the University of Wyoming
- Complete the online UW application form
- Submit the $50 application fee
- Submit official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions
- GRE scores (optional)
- International students: TOEFL scores and confidential financial statement form (certified, with supporting documents)
Step 2: Apply to Professional Studies
- Instructional Technology Face Sheet
- Instructional Technology Informed Consent Agreement
- Three letters of recommendation (use the attached form)
- A personal statement
Step 2.3: Letters of Recommendation
References should come from people who can attest to your academic potential, previous personal or professional work experience, and fit with the standards and expectations that guide professional educators. If you are working in a professional education position, it is expected that your employer/supervisor will provide a letter of reference.
Step 2.4: Personal Statement
You should carefully consider the purpose of the personal statement. It should not exceed five double-spaced typewritten pages. The statement should address the following elements:
- Describe your professional self (e.g., personal goals, strengths and weaknesses that prepare or limit you for graduate study, and special skills).
- Discuss what attracts you to our certificate program, how you believe this certificate can help you, and why you are applying at this time.