Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming apply now

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW
Contact Us

Office of the Registrar

Department 3964

1000 E. University Ave.

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-5272

Fax: (307) 766-3960


Lane Buchanan, Registrar

Danielle Mahlum, Associate Registrar

Frequently Asked Questions

Degree Evaluations

Thank you for visiting our Frequently Asked Questions page.  If you have unanswered questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 307-766-3137 or



Q: What is the Degree Evaluation?
A: The Degree Evaluation is a web-based planning tool to help students and advisors monitor student progress toward degree completion. It also allows for advising notes and provides a place to create semester plans. The Degree Evaluation provides a more accessible, convenient, and organized way for students to know where they are academically and how they can plan the rest of their college careers. The Degree Evaluation is not a substitution for consultation with an academic advisor. Students will still need to see an academic advisor in order to receive access to register for classes.

Q: What is a worksheet?
A: The Degree Evaluation worksheet is a review of past, current and "planned" coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding requirements necessary to complete a chosen program/major. The worksheet is located on the "worksheet" tab in the Degree Evaluation application.

Q: What if I can't see my worksheet?
A: First try clearing your web browser history/cache/cookies. If this doesn't resolve the problem make sure JavaScript is enabled on your web browser.

Q: Who can access The Degree Evaluation?
A: The Degree Evaluation is available to Faculty, the majority of campus Staff, and Students

Q: Are all students loaded into The Degree Evaluation?
A: Any student who is entered in Banner (the UW Student information system) whose catalog term is listed as Fall 2009 or later is available for viewing through the Degree Evaluation.

Q: Are my grades always viewable?
A: Yes. Once grades have been processed at the end of the semester, they are viewable in the Degree Evaluation.

Q: Is my information confidential?
A: Yes. Like other processes you use through WyoWeb, this Degree Evaluation is only accessible through your secure log in.

Q: How current is the information in the Degree Evaluation?
A: The information in the Degree Evaluation is refreshed each time you log in through your WyoWeb account.

Q: Can I see a list of all the courses I have taken?
A: Yes. On the worksheet tab, click on the Academic History link at the top for a printable list of courses taken as well as transfer courses. Please reference your WyoWeb unofficial transcript for complete details.

Q: Can I see my entire course history?
A: The Degree Evaluation uses the information that is current for your transcript. You will be able to view any courses that are on your transcript. Keep in mind that any transfer work or grade changes that have not been formally submitted and accepted will not appear on your worksheet.

Q: Where can I see which majors, minors, and/or concentrations I have declared?
A: Your declared majors, minors, and/or concentrations will appear in the student information block near the top of the Degree Evaluation.

Q: Where can I see information relating to my minor or additional majors?
A: If you have declared an additional major or minor, they are broken out into individual requirement blocks within the Student View worksheet. If it is not showing on your worksheet, you will need to submit the proper paper work to declare the program/major or minor.

Q: Where can I see information about my dual degree?
A: If your second degree is a different type than your first degree (your first is a BS and your second is a BA), you can access your second degree worksheet by using the Degree drop down menu at the top of the screen for the Student View worksheet. If your second degree is the same type as your first degree, both degrees will be listed on the same worksheet.

Q: Will Withdraws (W) be reflected on the worksheet?
A: Courses from which you have withdrawn will appear in the "Insufficient/Excluded" block toward the end of your Student View worksheet.


Q: Why isn't my information up-to-date?
A: If you have completed transfer courses, it is possible that the university has not received an official transcript or the coursework is pending review. If your advisor has approved a substitution/exception to your major, minor or concentration but has not reported it your Degree Analyst it will not appear on the degree evaluation. Check with the Registrar's Office if your worksheet does not reflect transfer work or approved substitutions.

Q: What do I do if my advisor information is incorrect?
A: Contact your academic advisor to make this correction.

Q: Why is my minor and/or major missing?
A: If you have not filled out the paper work to declare a minor or second major it will not appear in the Degree Evaluation. Work with your advisor to complete the Change of Major/Minor/Advisor, etc. form. If you have completed the appropriate paper work, contact the Registrar's Office.

Q: What do I do if I believe my academic information is incorrect?
A: Consult your academic advisor for a review of your Degree Evaluation. Any discrepancies should be discussed with your advisor.

Q: Can I see how many classes I have left to fulfill my requirements?
A: Yes. The Degree Evaluation is laid out in block format displaying program/major requirements information. Look for unchecked boxes to identify requirements that still need to completed (in red). In-progress courses are shown (in blue).

Q: How do I know what classes I need to take?
A: Your Degree Evaluation will outline for you courses still needed to meet program/major requirements within each specific block. You may then use this information to discuss your plan with your academic advisor.

Q: Why aren't my transfer courses meeting a requirement?
A: Contact your academic advisor for additional assistance.


Q: What is the What-If feature?
A: What-If allows an advisor or student to see a worksheet for a new or second major, or the addition of a minor; whether they are currently undeclared or thinking about changing their major. The What-If allows students to view how their progress changes with a new major, which classes can still be applied towards the new major or minor, which classes will not count, and which new classes need to be taken. Directions can be found at the bottom of the screen when accessing the What-If.

Q: Can my advisor see my What-If scenario?
A: Since What-If scenarios are not stored, your advisor can only see your results if the two of you generate a What-If scenario together.

Q: Can I save a What-If scenario?
A: No. What-If plans are not saved in the Degree Evaluation. You would need to run a new What-If scenario next time you log in to see it again; or declare the new major, second major, or minor.

Q: Can I print a What-If scenario?
A: Yes. If you want to share it with your advisor at a later date, you should print your What-If scenario.

Q: If I use the What-If feature, does this mean that I have changed my major?
A: No. The What-If function is for informational purposes only.

Q: If I like what I see in a What-If scenario, how do I initiate the changes?
A: Always speak with an academic advisor first. A Change of Major/Minor/Advisor, etc. form will be required.


Q: What does the GPA Calculator show?
A: The Term Calculator will show you your estimated cumulative GPA after you fill in hypothetical grade information.

Q: Is this calculated GPA guaranteed?
A: No. This is an estimate only. The Term Calculator shows your estimated cumulative GPA after you fill in hypothetical grade information. By inputting your current earned units and GPA and placing your in-progress courses in the table (populated by default for you) along with the grade you anticipate receiving for each course, you will see a revised cumulative GPA based on the estimates you provide. The results are intended as a guide and are not guaranteed.

Q: Why can't I select a grade of "S" in the GPA Calculator?
A: "S" grades do not count in your GPA. Remove courses for which you expect to receive an "S" from your course list before calculating GPA.


Q: How does Look Ahead work?
A: Enter the course you plan on taking and click the Add Course button, repeating this for every course you plan on taking. Next click the Process New button at the top of the screen. You will now get your Degree Evaluation worksheet with the courses you are planning on taking and where they would apply. The planned courses will appear on the Degree Evaluation with a grade of PLAN in place of a grade.


Q: Is there training available for faculty and staff?
A: Yes, training is available for faculty and staff. Contact the Office of the Registrar to schedule training.

Share This Page:

Contact Us

Office of the Registrar

Department 3964

1000 E. University Ave.

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-5272

Fax: (307) 766-3960


Lane Buchanan, Registrar

Danielle Mahlum, Associate Registrar

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon