Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Office of the Registrar

Registration Information

***NEW***Automatic Waitlists for Students

How to Register for Classes using WyoWeb

Add/Drop Process

Modification of a course schedule during the drop/add time period is accomplished through WyoWeb (web registration). After the end of the drop/add period, (see Calendar) individual class withdrawals must be processed on the appropriate form at the Office of the Registrar or by online petition. Changes to a student's registration or withdrawals are not official until the required forms are completed and returned to the Office of the Registrar as prescribed.

The period of time allowed for modifying a student's schedule or withdrawing during the summer session or other special terms is established in regulations or by the Registrar, subject to the approval of the Trustees.

Dropping a class or changing sections. A student may drop classes or change sections of the same course during the first eight class days of the semester (four class days for blocked courses).

Adding a course or changing grading option. A student must add classes or change grading options or variable credit hours during the first ten days of class of the semester (five class days for blocked courses).

Course Withdrawal

After the designated drop/add period, students may officially withdraw from individual regular term courses until ten class days after mid-semester (five days after the middle of the course for blocked courses). This may be accomplished through paper withdrawal forms available from the Office of the Registrar or through an online petition. Refunds for course withdrawal (when applicable) are based on the completion date of the withdrawal, not on submission of the online petition.

A class withdrawal is not official unless filed with the Office of the Registrar. Unauthorized discontinuance of enrollment or unofficial abandonment of classes will result in a failing grade.

All School Withdrawal (Termination of enrollment at the University). Withdrawal from the university is the official termination of student status prior to the end of a term. Students wishing to withdraw from all on-campus classes should initiate the procedure with the Dean of Students Office. Withdrawal from the university is not permitted during the last 15 days of a term.

After clearing with the Dean of Students Office, the withdrawal form must be presented to the university cashier for initial processing. The Office of the Registrar will report withdrawals to instructors concerned.

Students withdrawing from Outreach courses should contact the Outreach School.

Forms. Registration-related forms for students may be found in .pdf format on the Student Forms page.  Also available are Online Petitions for class withdrawal, Exception Requests, and enrollment authorization.  For additional registration-related forms, please come to the Office of the Registrar, Knight Hall, West Wing.

Registration Holds

Prior to registration, all holds must be cleared through the appropriate offices:

Academic - Your adviser or dean's office

Admission - Undergraduates: Admissions Office, 150 Knight Hall (766-5160)

Accounts Receivable - Accounts Receivable Office, 250 Knight Hall (766-6232)

MMR Immunization - Student Health Building (766-2130)

Student Loans - Student Financial Operations, Knight Hall-West Wing (766-3214)

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader