Director: Paul Flesher
Ross Hall, Room 122
1000 E. University Ave
Laramie, WY 82071
The Religious Studies Program invites submissions for the
A Prize will be awarded to the Religious Studies Major or Minor who submits the best paper written in the calendar year 2012 for a University of Wyoming Religious Studies class.
To submit: send only an electronic copy of the paper written for a Religious Studies class in 2012 to Clayleen Rivord by 3:00 p.m. on March 7, 2013. Include a cover page that notes the author’s name, the course and instructor for which the paper was written, and the semester in which the paper was written. Also include the author’s contact information: phone number, email address, and mailing address.
Submissions must be received by March 7, 2013, by 3 p.m. in order to be considered for the competition.
The winning paper will be written in the neutral, scholarly language of religious studies and will stand on its own, outside the context of the class in which it was written.
The fine print:
1. One submission per person.
2. To be eligible, the student submitting the paper must be a Religious Studies major or minor by February 28, 2013, or have graduated with a Religious Studies major or minor after the paper was written.
3. Papers must not have undergone any major revisions, though typos and similar errors may be corrected.
4. The scholarship committee of the Religious Studies Program reserves the right to split the prize in the event that multiple papers of high quality are submitted. Likewise, if no paper of sufficiently high quality is submitted, the committee reserves the right not to award the prize.
5. Submission of a paper for this competition constitutes the submitter’s permission to have her/his name publicly announced as the winner of the prize.