1. Enter www.citiprogram.org into your web browser.
2. Select “Register Here” next to “New Users.”
3. Select University of Wyoming from the drop down list under “Participating Institutions.”
4. Select your username and password.
5. Enter your name.
6. Enter your e-mail.
7. Select “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
8. Fill in the applicable information requested by the University of Wyoming.
9. Select “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
Item #10 for Human Subjects Only!
10. Select the appropriate learner group:
Faculty or staff must complete either the
“Biomedical Research Investigators” learner group
or the “Social & Behavioral Researcher Investigators” learner group.
Students must complete the “Student conducting
no more than minimal risk research”
If student research involves more than minimal
risk, the student must complete either
the “Biomedical Research Investigators” learner group or the “Social & Behavioral
Researcher Investigators” learner group.
Even though not required,
we recommend that students complete either the “Biomedical
Research Investigators” learner group or the “Social & Behavioral Research Investigators”
learner group even if research is no more than minimal risk.
Items #11-14 for Animal Care Only!
11. Select the appropriate learner group: for animal research training, skip down to question five.
All animal care workers including faculty,
staff, or students must complete the “Working with
the IACUC course.”
Please note: only IACUC members should complete
the “Essentials for IACUC members” course.
These two courses are not interchangeable.
Please also check any species specific boxes,
i.e. check the “I work with Rats, genus Rattus”
you are going to be working with rats. Please check all listed animal species that apply.
d. If your project will involve survival surgery, also check the “Aseptic Surgery” box.
e. Select “Continue”
Note: in the Main Menu, the “Working with the
IACUC course” will be named “Investigators,
Staff and Students, Lab Animal Research”
12. Upon completing the basic course, please complete any of the species specific courses related to the research. Note: when new species are requested, all animal care personnel must complete any relevant CITI modules for the new species, even if the basic course has been completed previously.
13. All those performing survival animal surgery must also complete the Aseptic Surgery course.
14. If you have already completed the CITI training for Lab Animal Researchers and you are only renewing the training due to expiration, the course you will want to take is the “Working with Animals in Biomedical Research- Refresher Course”
a. To add this course, select “Add a course or change your learner group”
b. Under question five, select “Working with Animals in Biomedical Research- Refresher Course.
c. Please note: This course will only be accepted
if the full basic course has already been taken
and passed. Proof of taking the full course will be required before the refresher course will be
Item #15 for Biosafety and Biosecurity (BSS) Only!
15. Select the appropriate learner group: for biosafety and biosecurity training, skip down to question nine.
faculty, staff, and students named on an approved Institutional Biosafety Committee
must complete the “Basic Biosafety Training.”
faculty, staff, and students working with recombinant DNA must also complete
“NIH Recombinant DNA(rDNA) Guidelines.”
University of Wyoming Environmental Health and Safety Department Biological
Safety Specialist may
require additional modules under this section if applicable to your specific research.