If you are considering hosing a conference at UW, Residence Life & Dining Services can help you in meeting your housing and dining needs. We also have some meeting and event space that could potentially accommodate your group. To get started with your planning, please consider the planning guidelines below.
- Summer Planning Principles
- Deadlines & Sequence of Booking
- Guarantees & Deposits
Summer Planning Principles
- All groups will be classified into categories with specified priority dates for each category. These categories are defined below. RL&DS reserves the right to classify groups using these categories.
- Space requests for each category will be allocated based on the date received by RL&DS. Groups that do not meet the published deadline for their category will be considered after requests for all priority dates have been reviewed and assigned.
- Non-profit groups that are not University of Wyoming departments, will need to provide a Wyoming State Sales Tax Exemption Certificate at the time of booking in order to be considered at that priority date.
- Existing groups will be allocated no more space than their historical average of the last three years unless space is available after all priority deadlines have passed.
- Groups will be considered for their historical dates at the earliest appropriate date in the category they are assigned to. Significant changes to dates of bookings will only be considered after all priority deadlines have passed.
- Groups will be asked to list first, second and third choice dates for their conferences/ camps. RL&DS will consult with groups regarding their second and third choices should their first choice not be available. No second or third choice dates will be booked without consent of the group.
[back to top]
Sequence of Booking
(Note: the parenthetical references are RL&DS’s best guess at classification. Where appropriate, groups will still need to provide documentation to demonstrate their placement).
[back to top]
- Summer School
Summer school space will be reserved on three floors in one Washakie Hall, netting a maximum of approximately 150 spaces.
- New Student Orientation
Priority Date: November 30—RL&DS will accept requests beginning October 1
- UW Affiliated Groups: Academic, Aesthetic, and Athletic (SEO Sponsored Groups, High School Institute, Sports Camps, Music Camp, etc.)
Priority Date: November 31—RL&DS will accept requests beginning October 15
- Other Recurring
Priority Date: December 15—RL&DS will accept requests beginning October 31
- Any New Group:
Any group including UW Affiliated Groups that did not use rooms in the previous conference season will be considered after January 5, 2015.
Guarantees and Deposits:
Residence Life and Dining Services will begin holding groups to a guaranteed number for billing/space reservation purposes starting with the 2015 Conference Season:
- Groups will be allocated space based on their space request.
- Groups will confirm booked rooms at 60 and 45 days prior to reservation start date.
- Groups will be billed for 85% of the 60 day guarantee plus any overages, or 100% of the 45 day guarantee plus overages—whichever is greater.
- 60 day guarantee—400 double rooms
- 45 day guarantee—100 double rooms
- Group will be billed for 85% of 400 double rooms
- We will attempt to house attendees that exceed the space guaranteed when possible but groups that underestimate their numbers may find housing is not available for all attendees.
- Starting with Conference season 2015 a deposit equal to 10% of the reservation or a minimum of $100 will be due at the priority date for all groups.
- Campus groups may elect to provide a check for the deposit or to provide an IDR that will remain on file unless a cancellation penalty is necessary.
- Off-campus groups will need to provide a check for their deposit.
- Deposit will be applied towards final bill at the completion of the conference.
2015- Any group that cancels a reservation after it has been contracted will lose priority date status for the following conference season.
[back to top]