Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now
Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

Completing Your Contract

Room Assignment

To to understand your living options, you will want to read the information on this website carefully. Then you should complete the Residence Life & Dining Service Contract online. If you have questions or concerns about the contract process, please feel free to contact us.

A security deposit of $100 must be paid in order to complete your Residence Life & Dining Services Contract. This fee is part of the enrollment deposit that new students to UW pay to confirm enrollment. Students returning to UW must pay this deposit separately.

Complete your contract and deposit as soon as possible -- especially if you want a single room or a special/academic interest floor, because they fill up quickly and are assigned on a date priority basis.

Room Assignments

Room assignments will be made in July and continue through the opening of the halls in August. Your room assignment, with the name and telephone number of your roommate, will be sent to your UWyo email address.

Prior to your August arrival, you will receive information about checking into the residence halls and what to bring for your room.

Room Consolidation

If you are paying rates for a double room, but remaining as the single occupant when vacancies occur, you will be given a few options for consolidation. If you wish to continue paying the double occupancy rate, you may:

  • choose another resident to move in with you.
  • move in with another resident of your choice who doesn't have a roommate (ask your Area Coordinator for a list of residents also needing roommates)
  • allow the Residence Life and Dining Services staff  to assign you a roommate
  • If a student fails to accept an assigned roommate disciplinary actions and additional charges may be assessed.

Spring Room Selection

The 2018-2019 Residence Life & Dining Services contract will be available online in late 2017. At that point, current residence hall residents will be able to complete the contract and reserve a space in the residence halls for the following academic year..

Disability Access or Special Needs

Students with disabilities who need special equipment supplied to their rooms or require handicap-accessible rooms should contact Residence Life & Dining Services, as well as Student Educational Opportunity (766-6189) as soon as possible. You should fill out the contract according to your needs. Attach further information to your contract if necessary.

Requesting a Specific Roommate
Roommate Matching Questions
Special/Academic Interest Communities
Dining Plan Options
To Reserve a Loft Kit or Not?

Contact Us

Residence Life & Dining Services

Dept. 3394 1000 E. University Ave.

Laramie, WY 82071-2000

Phone: (307) 766-3175

Toll Free: (866) 653-0212


Residence Life & Dining Services Logo
Find us on Twitter (Link opens a new window) Find us on Instagram (Link opens a new window) Find us on YouTube (Link opens a new window) Find us on Pinterest (Link opens a new window)

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon