Stipend Rate: An AmeriCorps position with Wyoming Conservation Corps is a volunteer position; an opportunity for participants to receive training, learn from their peers, and serve their community by restoring habitat and improving accessibility to natural areas. Monthly living stipends are intended to cover basic living costs (rent, utilities, food) while participating in the program.
- Crew Members - $3,250 total
- Crew Leaders - $7,200 total
Members will receive a portion of the total living stipend every month of service. This portion will reflect that month’s part of the total number of hours of service.
Education Award: Corps members are enrolled in AmeriCorps, receiving the following benefits:
- Crew Members: $1,468 AmeriCorps Education Award
- Crew Leaders: $2,775 AmeriCorps Education Award
- AmeriCorps Education Awards are rewarded upon successful term completion and can be applied to existing qualified student loans or for future tuition.
- Visit http://www.americorps.gov/for_individuals/benefits/benefits_ed_award.asp for more information on alternative education award uses, institutions that match the award, and tax implications.
- Corps members MUST be eligible to enroll in AmeriCorps (as a citizen, national or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States) - The Serve America Act enables members to enroll in up to four service terms with a State and National AmeriCorps program and earn the value of two full time education awards.
- Corps members must complete their term of service in order to receive these benefits; failure to complete the term will result in immediate loan re-payment status and interest due. The Corps does NOT provide pro-rated awards to corps members who do NOT finish their term.
Health Insurance: Basic sickness and accident insurance is offered to all AmeriCorps members. Unless insured by another provider, WCC Corps members are required to enroll in the health insurance plan.
- Monthly premium is paid by the Corps; no monthly paycheck deduction.
- $100 annual deductible; the member must pay the first $100 of medical expense before insurance starts reimbursing.
- After the deductible is met, insurance pays 80% and member pays 20% of medical expense (prescription medication, preventative care, and hospitalization)
- Corps members have worker’s compensation insurance through the University of Wyoming’s Worker’s Comp agreement.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- A hard hat and safety glasses are provided and must be worn at all times on the project site.
- Gloves must be worn at all times on the project site, but are not provided.
- WCC requires members to wear sturdy, all leather boots, with or without steel toes that adequately support ankles and protect the feet from the impact of tools, rocks, logs or other building materials.
- WCC will provide members with a sweatshirt, two t-shirts and either a long sleeve t-shirt or a button down shirt. We ask that members wear a WCC uniform shirt during site visits, education days, and while serving on WCC projects.
- WCC requires members to wear pants while engaged in all service activities.
Cold weather gear and rain gear is NOT provided.