Schedule: The schedule is 10 days on, 4 days off. (10-hour days)
most hitches, the crew departs from the shop location Monday between 6 and 8:30
am and returns Wednesday no later than 5:30 pm, camping 9 nights.
- Day 1: Monday –Crews drive from Laramie to the project location
usually arriving mid-morning (depends on how far the drive from Laramie is).
Crews set up camp, make lunch, and get ready to work the rest of the day.
- Day 2: Tuesday – Workday: Leaders are up at 5:30 starting breakfast
and waking the crew. Crews eat breakfast, complete morning chores (including
packing a lunch and doing breakfast dishes), and are ready for the workday by
7am. Crews will generally work 10-hour days and return to camp at 5pm. Crews
are allowed two 15-minute breaks throughout the day and one 50-minute lunch.
Once back at camp crews will begin to cook dinner and finish any evening
- Day 3: Wednesday - Workday 7am – 5pm
- Day 4: Thursday - Workday 7am – 5pm
- Day 5: Friday - Workday 7am – 5pm
- Day 6: Saturday - Workday 7am – 5pm
- Day 7: Sunday – Rest and Relaxation Day. Crews can relax in camp or go
and check out a nearby attraction. Crews will also be able to go into town for
a meal and maybe a shower!
- Day 8: Monday - Workday 7am – 5pm
- Day 9: Tuesday - Workday 7am – 5pm
- Day10: Wednesday – If there is any work left to complete on the
project, or if the crew has not yet completed their hour commitments, the crew
will work this morning. Once finished, the crew will pack up camp and return to
hitch, WCC covers food and travel expenses. Crews will set up their tents near
the project location. Camping supplies including tent, stove, cook wear, and
water jugs are provided.
- As an
AmeriCorps volunteer position, WCC does not provide traditional Holiday, Sick
and Personal Leave time. Organizations depend on the service members and host
site programs provide. We ask that members be mindful of the commitment they
have made to serve their communities and complete their projects.